• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nathanlgd

Bike Itb's On Mi16

s16 Peggy

A very interesting read this one. I will be keeping an eye on this, specifically for more information on upgrading the ECU. Though I guess mine may be remappable, I hope :ph34r:

damien
thats only the case with 1905 Mi16 management, anything from the 2.0 on could run throttle bodies I guess, I know damien has Bike bodies on his GTI6 and had the original ecu remapped has he not?

thats a not, im running kms management

Dream Weaver

When you actually total up the price of the ECU it becomes a tad more than £500.

My Emerald was £660 including vat/delivery. I then needed a tacho converter to fire the rev counter which was another £45, and I made the wiring loom myself, but it still cost £120 for all the bits and tools.

You also need air temp sensor, and a few other bits as well.

You're looking nearer to £900 for an ECU such as Emerald etc. It may be worth trying Megasquirt if you want to do it on a budget.

phatgti

I would personally go for an OMEX over an Emerald, they are easier to map and have enough features to keep most of us busy for a while.

Price wise your looking at around £500 + vat plus the price of a loom.

Mapping on road cars takes much longer as you need more driveability than a race car so budget for a few hours mapping + RR time.

Dream Weaver

Just to add to Wayne's post, it would also help if you have a decent mapper close by, who doesn't charge the earth.

I don't have anyone nearby at reasonable cost, so me having a mappable ECU is actually a waste of time, as it will never be mapped any more than the basic mapping I had done last year :(

I want to take mine to Emerald for mapping, but the 500 miles round trip, plus mapping costs is way too steep for a tight Northerner B)

If the sound and power that bodies make wasn't so superb I would be selling my kit and going back to std, but its very intoxicating :D

pugpete1108
My Emerald was £660 including vat/delivery. I then needed a tacho converter to fire the rev counter which was another £45, and I made the wiring loom myself, but it still cost £120 for all the bits and tools.

whats with the tacho convertor then ? will it not run staight from the ecu? bit of a bugger then

Dream Weaver

The Pug rev counter needs something like a 300v spike from the coil to operate, but the Emerald only pumps out a 5v spike using the tacho pin in the loom.

So you have to wire a little box into the loom that generates the voltage for the rev counter.

pugpete1108
The Pug rev counter needs something like a 300v spike from the coil to operate, but the Emerald only pumps out a 5v spike using the tacho pin in the loom.

So you have to wire a little box into the loom that generates the voltage for the rev counter.

where did you get that from ,emerald?

Dream Weaver

Yes, ordered it via Emerald - make sure you need it before ordering though Pete, some folk haven't needed them IIRC.

pugpete1108
Yes, ordered it via Emerald - make sure you need it before ordering though Pete, some folk haven't needed them IIRC.

ok , cheers si will do :unsure:

Sign in to follow this