• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
boldy205

Beam Mounts

boldy205

hi, i was wondering if fitting the 'front' beam mounts (the clyindrical ones) the wrong way would have any impact on the camber of the wheel, as the Haynes book of lies says to put the cut out part or the bush facing either up or down. i cant see it myself but its just a thought. wondered if anyone had done this?

Thanks.

Matt.

Edited by boldy205

mi16nut

I'm no expert,but I wold say absolutely not.

The only things to cause negative camber will be a bent stub axle or more likely knackered beam bearings.

boldy205

the bearings are new, all up to scratch, stub axle has been changed, so im thinking bent trailing arm? the bushes were just a bit of a guess, thought maybe someone may have said, 'oh yes, i done that once!'

thanks anyway. :(

taylorspug

How much camber are we talking about here? Is it possible you just have, say, one Citroen ZX trailing arm, as these run more camber as standard.

boldy205

to my knowlage their both 309 arms. just wondering about the bushes really, as at the moment it would not be to bad a job to turn them around . thanks anyway! (camber wise its got about 0.4 on the 'good' offside and about 1.6 on the bad nearside.)

Matt

Edited by boldy205

Sign in to follow this