• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gtiracer

Throttle Body Kits

Gtiracer

Ok, so looking on the balance motorsport website and this is what i find

Throttle body kit 1

and

Throttle body kit 2

No as far as i can see, kit 2 has everything i need apart from the filter and backing plate as well as the inlet manifold for my car, which is what i was thinking of starting off with, however £1200 for a set of throttle bodies (minus manifold) seems too cheap and was wondering if anybody could spot anything i obviously havent and been mislead, otherwise it seems to good to be true, especially with the forum 5% that we get B) .

Edited by Gtiracer

smckeown

No such thing as too cheap B) Yes They are excellent value for money.

Gtiracer

fantastic thats what i needed to hear, so your 100% i wont need anything else other than:

Inlet manifold

backing Plate to Filter

Filter

Cheers

phonecomz

These really are excellent value. I dont think you need anything more other than the bits you mentioned.

Go for it. B) I fancied some a few weeks back for my project and studies the same but sticking with carbs at present.

smckeown

have a good chat to them about the pros and cons of ecu choice for your application. They offer good advice.

jim205GTI

KMS will be the one i plump for when i decide to go down the throttle body and ecu route ;) looks good value for money........ mind you, i want to get the mi running as standard first for a bit :huh:B)

Edited by jim205GTI

Dj_mini

Doesnt seem to list the loom, coil pack, fuel press regulator or ht leads?

Iv gone for the kms (havnt fitted it yet tho) for my mi i bought the kit from matt @ qep he did a great deal it worked out nearly £300 cheaper than the similar omex / jenvey set up id give him a ring to see what he can do for you B)

Dan

Edited by Dj_mini

veloce200
Doesnt seem to list the loom, coil pack, fuel press regulator or ht leads?

Iv gone for the kms (havnt fitted it yet tho) for my mi i bought the kit from matt @ qep he did a great deal it worked out nearly £300 cheaper than the similar omex / jenvey set up id give him a ring to see what he can do for you :rolleyes:

Dan

thanks for the links. personally i wouldn't bother with the loom - it's just as easy to wire in yourself and you get the right length leads and a colour code that suits you. obviously custom looms save a lot of time. Unfortunately KMS have raised prices by on average 20% this means the kit is now £1413. Unfortunately this makes the kit a lot less attractive but that is a KMS decision not mine.

As a dealer for KMS & Emerald I can offer "a deal" as well !

Gtiracer

veloce200, i just saw your post and noticed earlier today on the website that the price had increased to £1413!, I mean, where the hell has this come from? thats an approx 17% price inc which is way above inflation so therefore i believe i i'm right in saying it takes the piss.

I bet this guy who owns the shop saw this thread and thought he wasn't charging enough for his kit so bumped up the price, i evenm emailed the guy in Dec to tell him i was gonna be buying the kit come late January and now i have to save up for even bloody longer thanks to this, i wish i had never posted this thread.

I can guarantee i'm not going to be shopping there again.

Sorry if i sound like a bitter old fart but its just i was so close to getting a set of throttle bodies and now this guy takes it away from me with his £216 price increase.

From a majorly cheesed off Gtiracer :D

Edited by Gtiracer

easypug

Gtiracer - veloce200 is balance motorsport as far as im aware, or at least works for them :D

Gtiracer

then hopefully he can take on board what i said.

Told you i was bitter :D

boombang

I think he made the reasoning quite clear in the post above yours?

Unfortunately KMS have raised prices by on average 20% this means the kit is now £1413. Unfortunately this makes the kit a lot less attractive but that is a KMS decision not mine.

Gtiracer
I think he made the reasoning quite clear in the post above yours?

It may have sounded unreasonable but please consider these points:

1) Just 2 days! after i write this post, stating that, that kit is too cheap, it just happens to go up in price

2) Nothing else on the site goes up in price except for the particular kit in question

3) I have worked as a buyer before and no reputable company would say to you out of the blue one day, sorry, the kits are now £200 more expensive, price increases generally happen every 6 months at 5% at a time, or 10% maybe if the supplier thinks they can get away with it

4) No sensible buyer would accept a price increase of this much proportion in one go, its ludicrous.

So IMO i have enough reasoning to believe this guy is not telling the complete truth.

Edited by Gtiracer

boombang

check www.enginemanagement.co.uk

That is from the horses mouth so to speak, and they put up prices very recently.

Robsbc
check www.enginemanagement.co.uk

That is from the horses mouth so to speak, and they put up prices very recently.

KMS have been undercutting Jenvey's for quite a while....No real surprise they have gone up...Back in 1998 I paid £1500 for bodies, Eemrald M3D ECU, installation and mapping :D

gizzmo

wasn/t their a thread about a new kms ecu for 2007 with alot more features . and the price?

pdd144c

A lot of prices have gone up in the past few weeks, try buying some R888's now, nothing to do with Julian seeing this thread!!!

veloce200
It may have sounded unreasonable but please consider these points:

1) Just 2 days! after i write this post, stating that, that kit is too cheap, it just happens to go up in price

2) Nothing else on the site goes up in price except for the particular kit in question

3) I have worked as a buyer before and no reputable company would say to you out of the blue one day, sorry, the kits are now £200 more expensive, price increases generally happen every 6 months at 5% at a time, or 10% maybe if the supplier thinks they can get away with it

4) No sensible buyer would accept a price increase of this much proportion in one go, its ludicrous.

So IMO i have enough reasoning to believe this guy is not telling the complete truth.

heh don't shoot me I am just the dealer ! Yes I run Balance. Yes I put the prices up as I saw this thread was generating hits so I knew when the price rise was announced it would be prudent to update.

point 3 - i was as astounded as you ! point 4 - agree and that is why I have removed all KMS parts except the full kit. if they'd put the price up and then given us more discount we could have maintained the market price but it is already a very small discount.

veloce200
heh don't shoot me I am just the dealer ! Yes I run Balance. Yes I put the prices up as I saw this thread was generating hits so I knew when the price rise was announced it would be prudent to update.

point 3 - i was as astounded as you ! point 4 - agree and that is why I have removed all KMS parts except the full kit. if they'd put the price up and then given us more discount we could have maintained the market price but it is already a very small discount.

BTW if anything when I see a thread generating hits I normally put the price down not up !

As Mattsav (QEP) are UK importers for KMS I would direct your thoughts to KMS as I know Matt feels the same as I do - the rise was too much too quick.

Gtiracer

Ok fair point - apologies for aiming anger my at you, just feel like everythings been going downhill recently, and £1200 isn't a chunk of money i just had laying around which is where my fraustration came in.

I wish you the best for the future

Sign in to follow this