• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Anton green

What Is The Best Way To Clean Away The Mayo From Oil Breather Pipes?

Anton green

What is the best way to clean away the mayo from oil breather pipes, I like to keep on top of things!

Anton green

Yeah, it's that simple!?

If I go out into derbyshire for the afternoon in the car when I come back the Peugeot pixies will have cleaned everything up?

ANDYGON

i normally just take all the pipe work of and push rags/tissue paper through.

the oil filler cap should have a wire gauze nest in it, run that under a warm tap.

phonecomz

Another quick way if you want it temporary clean is to take pipe off and give it a good squirt with break cleaner. Its quick, flushes it all out and it moves it without damaging hoses. But in no time at all it will be back just the same, a good run will keep it clear after.. B)

KRISKARRERA

I roll up a sheet of kitchen towel and stuff it down the pipe that comes directly off of the mi16 filler cap.

I removed gauze from cap so that's easy to clean. And removed the gauze from the filler piece that the cap sits in. Every time I change the oil I vacuum the mayo out with an oil hoover! B)

Anton green

LOL @oil hoover

Ive just been for a 50 mile blat around derbyshire and a bit of Winnatts Pass, just after the Blue John caverns etc. The car needs to be opened up every so often to keep it on top form, it feels much more lively now.

I'll be checking the pipework around the oil filler cap tomorrow

pug_ham

I remove all the breather pipes & spray them though with carb cleaner & use an old rag to get the remains of the mayo out.

Then once its clear I start taking the car for longer runs more often.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this