• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davev

Weird Speedo

davev

hi. ive just been out changing my speedo cable and im now confused with the readings it giving. my old one was doing the same but i figured it was on its way out so didnt take notice.

whats happening is that its massively over reading(30-2000rpm in 2nd, 30-1000rpm in 5th :D ) now i know that this is not the speed im doing. cuz i know i have a 1.9gti box.

while changing the speedo cable i removed the speedo drive from the top of the diff to locate the cable easier and counted that i have a 17 tooth drive.

does anyone know what drive ill need to drop this down to acceptable levels? ive done a search but poeple seem to have the oppersite problem.

cheers. dave.

davev

anyone? :P

i think there is a 19 and 21 but im not sure whet one i should get. and dont want to buy both just for trial and error.

dave.

matt205xs

i cant remember what mine was off the top of my head now,

i ordered mine from skip browns, i told them what box was in it and they told me which one i needed,

Sign in to follow this