• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest rich1977

Heat Sheild/air Scoop For Carbs

Guest rich1977

Im thinking of making a heat sheild/air scoop for the Mi that will sit bellow the carbs and come up around them at the side stopping just before the rad. Now on both my rover turbos I did a simular mod with relocating the battery in the boot and housing the airfilter in a cold air box where the battery lived (behind the headlight) now on a turbo car I got good results.

What im woried about with carbs is something I had a problem with on my old xr2 where in the winter if driving up a motorway in very cold weather it would cut out due to the carb freezing up :blink:, so is a cold air scoop/heat sheild a good ide on a mi 16 with 45's or am I wasting my time?

boldy205

you will prob not(actually im pretty sure) get any real gains from this cold air scoop.(tho on the turbo car it will help) tho i suppose it will keep everything functioning to its most efficent. i will make up a flatish bit of plate that fixes to the slam pannell and then under the filter (shielding the warm rad air from the carbs) when i have my engine in soon though. its a bit of a topic change but what state of modification/rebuild is your mi in and how much power/torque did it make?(presuming you rolling roaded it?)

thanks,

Matt.

Guest rich1977

not owned her long tbh so not had chance to rolling road her, but engine was rebuilt by a mate of mine and has only done 9k bottom end was balanced, head was skimmed to lower compression, she made 164bhp at the wheels when my mate had her rolling roaded to set the carbs up not sure on the tourque

Sign in to follow this