• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest justinhincks87

No Fuel!

Guest justinhincks87

Hi there is there anyway i can check if my fuel relay is not workin. as i have no fuel. when i turn the key and ignition is on. there is no noise from fuel pump or a click from relay . any way i can check whether the relayh works before i go out and buy one for 46 pounds!! cheers

hengti

i'm going through this at the moment too and have just, today, condemned my fuel pump

you can check the tachymetric relay by disconnecting the leads that go into the fuel pump (white is positive and green is negative [i'm assuming you've got the model with the fuel pump under the rear seats]) and, running a length of wire from each connection, attach the leads to a bulb. crank the engine - if the bulb lights, the fuel pump is receiving a current and the tachy relay is likely ok. you could use a multimeter if you've got one. then you can check the fuel pump by running leads directly from the battery.

hope that helps diagnose the problem anyway :)

this is probably of little additional use, but i can confirm that there are no 205GTi fuel pumps in any of Bristol's breaker yards!

Guest justinhincks87

the fuel pump works. i cannot hear a click on the relay when i turn the ignition on.

hengti

if you're sure the fuel pump works, that part of the function of the tachy relay must be ok. i believe that it also controls the injectors, although i'm not sure how you'd test that part of its function.

you could try wading through the info on search if no-one else offers. sorry - can't help beyond that.

Ahl

You can also just stick a couple of bits of wire into the right terminals on the relay socket.

It'll then operate the fuel pump and injection system continuously. Not good to drive with, but it'll let you know if the relay is gone.

Search for 'tachymetric relay' and you'll find the wire numbers that you need to bridge.

Sign in to follow this