• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jim21070

More Leaks...

jim21070

Useful stuff this rain, it shows up leaks :(

I have the seats, carpets and sound deadening of my GTi fully stripped out and I see I have a little seep now from my drivers side rear window running down into the rear passenger footwell. It looks like it is right at the edge near the B pillar. The rubber itself looks OK but the bottom run does not butt fully up to vertical run up the B pillar. There is about an 1/8" gap, all green and mossy, just perfect to admit rain water :huh:

I want to check behind the trim panel that conceals the drivers seat belt reel (and holds the rear passenger ashtrays) for any nasties that may be hiding behind it but it is not at all obvious how this panel comes off. Grateful for a quick guide on how to remove said panel. It seems water has been running behind it as I can see drips on the little grille on the lower part of this panel.

At least the windscreen is now leak-free :P

Many thanks!

sonofsam

I got a minor leak there too :huh: Going to fit perspex windows to cure it, nothing like a bit of overkill and it

wont get done till the summer now i doubt :(

That panel is held on by those white plastic popper clips and one screw IIRC, coud be posi-drive or torx.

jim21070

Thanks Sam,

All off now and no nasities behind. Water was just running down the panel.

Baz

Alot of 205s do it i've found, very annoying. I presume it often shows evidence of a rear quarter damage/repair, but could just be seals not butted up properly. One of the jobs i do when i get another 205 involves taking the windows and seals out, cleaning up the apertures, giving them a polish, and cleaning up the seals, checking for any damage, and giving them a coat of something silicone based, tends to help keep the water out. :)

Super Josh

The seals age and shrink over time, I'm afraid. Some people remove them, run a bead of silicone around the channel and then refit. I intend to keep my car for a while longer, so bought new seals from Pug, around 30 quid a side IIRC.

Josh

jim21070
The seals age and shrink over time, I'm afraid. Some people remove them, run a bead of silicone around the channel and then refit. I intend to keep my car for a while longer, so bought new seals from Pug, around 30 quid a side IIRC.

Josh

That'll be it Josh. I can see a clear gap in the seal on the lower corner by the B post so like, you, because I'm intent on keeping mine for a long time, I'll sport out on a new one.

Sign in to follow this