• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Simon B

309 Driveshafts - Extra Length?

Simon B

Hello all...

Ok we fit 309 wishbones and thus the 309 driveshafts which are a bit longer.... where does the extra length on the 309 drivers side driveshaft come from?

What i am getting at is... I have got the outer half of the 309 drivers side driveshaft, and wanted to know if it will fit onto the 205 inner part and still give the increased length?

Hope what im saying makes sense???????

Cheers!!

Nigel B

Ahl

Its the outer part - the inner part is the same length as the 205 item as the subframe, housing etc are the same.

Be aware that not all driveshafts are interchangable this way though. They may not fit together.

Simon B

Thanks Ahl :angry:

I shall have a little play tomorrow then! I do have the inner part of the 309 shaft, but its seperate from the outer part and is also 10miles away!!

I will play and see what happens! Cheers!

Guest Si B

:P-->

QUOTE(Nigel B @ Jan 15 2007, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Ahl :blush:

I shall have a little play tomorrow then! I do have the inner part of the 309 shaft, but its seperate from the outer part and is also 10miles away!!

I will play and see what happens! Cheers!

That's the answer we wanted Ahl!!!

Hopefully, as it saves me hoiking the inner driveshaft off my spare Mi16 engine / gearbox assembly!

Looking forward to seeing how the 309 stuff changes my brother's car, as I'm planning to do the same on my own shortly.

Si

Sign in to follow this