• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

Alternate Throttle Cable

pugpete1108

just finished getting the bike tb's set up and offered them up to the engine in situ, and as the throttle cable attaches on the fly end of the engine it is too short by about a foot maybe :P .

are there any alternate cables (scrappy type) that i can use say a 405/406 , having a bigger engine bay = longer cable??

might have to whip mine out and nip to the scrappy and see for myself.

Rippthrough
just finished getting the bike tb's set up and offered them up to the engine in situ, and as the throttle cable attaches on the fly end of the engine it is too short by about a foot maybe :P .

are there any alternate cables (scrappy type) that i can use say a 405/406 , having a bigger engine bay = longer cable??

might have to whip mine out and nip to the scrappy and see for myself.

Push bike brake cable? You can even get a short one and just fit a joiner to add to your existing cable.

sutol

VW Beeltle should be long enough if you can adapt it :P

pugpete1108
Push bike brake cable? You can even get a short one and just fit a joiner to add to your existing cable.

good thinking batman, how does the 205 cable attach at the pedal end then? i have never taken one off

and where could i get a joiner from and how does it work?

Rippthrough
good thinking batman, how does the 205 cable attach at the pedal end then? i have never taken one off

and where could i get a joiner from and how does it work?

Joiner from a push bike shop, they just look like a chain link, the end of one cable clips in one end, the other clips in the other end - they use 'em for tandems and recumbents.

Not sure about pedal end on 205's.

pugpete1108
Joiner from a push bike shop, they just look like a chain link, the end of one cable clips in one end, the other clips in the other end - they use 'em for tandems and recumbents.

ah i think i know what you mean now , a trip to the bike shop is now in order i think :D

cheers

i did find one on car builders website for £26 + vat and delivery :angry: so anything less than that is good.

Dj_mini

I got a universal kit from my local motor factors it one you trim to lenght it was miles long so sounds just what your after and only cost £12 :angry:

M_R_205
ah i think i know what you mean now , a trip to the bike shop is now in order i think :D

cheers

i did find one on car builders website for £26 + vat and delivery :angry: so anything less than that is good.

well bieng that i work in a bike shop i know that a brake cable will fit also if u use a combo of a solderless nipple (from the bike shop) and the existing throttle cable it will fit i used it on my gti as the cable on the 1 litre wouldnt fit

Dream Weaver

Pete, as Dj Mini says, get the universal 205/405/BX throttle cable kit from GSF.

Costs about £14 and is about 10 foot long :ph34r:

Just cut it to the correct length and use that.

Kitsune

Fit a twin cable set-up. This uses a small block which you fit to your pedal and holds the cable with a few grub screws. Then just cut to length and fit solderless nipples at the linkage end.

hodgy
Pete, as Dj Mini says, get the universal 205/405/BX throttle cable kit from GSF.

Costs about £14 and is about 10 foot long :)

Just cut it to the correct length and use that.

thats what i used too.

i did modify the standard one but it snaped 3mile down the road after doing it :P

Sign in to follow this