• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Simon B

Hub Differences

Simon B

Ok, i have just been doing a suspension swap on the front of my 205 mi16 (Bilstein Challenge spec fronts going on :P ) but have noticed that i have different hubs either side - see photos below!

Can someone shed some light as to what hubs I have and whether this will cause me any geometry problems?

Thanks very much!!!!

IMG_0714.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

boldy205

hard to tell whats differant from the photos buddy.

Simon B

The hub in the top photo is kinda hollow in the middle with 2 raised sides - the hub in the bottom pic is a more solid casting....

(if that makes sense)!

Ahl

The top one is solid metal, like original 205 ones and the lower one is hollow like later 306 ones.

The hollow hub is a lot lighter than the solid one. 306 hubs also vary a little in width, or so im told.

If they're both the same width you can probably run them without problems, but it will be technically better to have both the same (and both the lighter one ideally).

mossy

I had to replace one of my Hubs recently you can only get the later hubs like the bottom one from the dealers. It has the mounting + hole for the ABS sensor.

part no for n/s 364750 o/s 364650

Al.

jonnie205

Top ones are much stronger but they are heavy, for road i would have the bottom ones but for rally have the top.

Sign in to follow this