• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest larson

Shielded Cps Cable Or Twisted Signal/ground Cables

Guest larson

Just wondering if it would be enough to twist CPS signal and ground cables together to overcome electrical noise. I know it would be better to use shielded cable however I've purchased RS Autosport Wire Harness Kit with precrimped terminals to the DB37 connector and preferably would like to leave it untouched. This kit does not include shielded cable for VR sensor signal pickup.

Any experience using unshielded cables for the purpose?

Thanks.

niklas
Just wondering if it would be enough to twist CPS signal and ground cables together to overcome electrical noise. I know it would be better to use shielded cable however I've purchased RS Autosport Wire Harness Kit with precrimped terminals to the DB37 connector and preferably would like to leave it untouched. This kit does not include shielded cable for VR sensor signal pickup.

Any experience using unshielded cables for the purpose?

Thanks.

The output signal from the CPS is very weak which makes it very sensitive to for example ignition wires. At least you could use proper shielded cables up to the DB37 connector!? That would most likely be sufficient..

Mad Professor

I had to fit a shielded cable for my VR, with the standard two core twisted cable MegaSquit to run, but would get RPM spikes all the time, as soon as it was replaced with a two core shielded cable all the RPM spikes stoped, and the car run's fine.

Malachy

i would just go ahead and change the cable for the sake of the problems it could cause down the line it seems much easier to swap now while the loom is not in the car than later trying the thread new cables in.

Guest larson

Thanks for replies. I'm going to replace this cable before installation.

Sign in to follow this