• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
acox99

Linking The 4bie System To A 309 Axle

acox99

In my on going conquest to make a 205x4 iv got the front subframe sorted, just had to take 2 inches out of the original height, and everything fits and lines up, just the trickier bit is getting it connected to the beam and putting the rear drive shafts into the beam, any ideas, i have heard about 106 front hubs, but how must mods would i have to do to get them to fit, as iv never seen 106 hubs, im a bit stuck, and the old 4bie axle seems to be no help.

cheers Ali

Miles

I;ve only Seen Dangle (The frech 4x4 company) use moded rear arm's, Might be wroth seeing if they would sell any?

Ryan

I emailed them out of curiosity about 2 years ago. They said the 309 they built was a design prototype only and none of the parts were available for sale. :D

They might at least tell you what they did if you ask nicely though...

Ren

I'm sure it was detailed on here not too long ago with pictures. Can't remember though whether it was by Hilgie or PeterT. Might be worth pm'ing them.

Ren.

petert

It wasn't me, but if I was making one (and quite possibly am), I'd ditch the rear beam and use coil overs.

Richie-Van-GTi

probably just as easy to turret the rear end and add in extra subframe and wishbones etc to accept a normal hub system as it is to mod a rear beam. Will also give more scope for suspension setups.

acox99

your prop right, but im on a bit of a budget, may do that in future was a thought, but i have no got constant access to welding equipment, and am trying to find the easiest route, to get it working, then can upgrade and change in time, was looking at modding a BMW rear end in the future.

Sign in to follow this