• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest markiboy2007

Indicator, Weird Sticking Noise Signalling Left

Guest markiboy2007

ok so i came home from workw ith a hell of a lot of questions and im now left with one or two thanks to this forum, so a big thanks to the users first of all for that.

now one of the problems i have, is that indicating right works perfectly, but when i indicate left i get nothing but a sticking/jamming/very unpleasent sound that i think is comign from the glovebox area (where the relays are?)

has any one else had the same problem and if so is it jut a case of replacing the relay??

seems very strange that indicating one way work but not the other way!!

also when i press my hazard light switch, the switch itself light up but nothing happens, could this be related?

thanks again!

mark

Faz85

That sound comes from the relay in the glovebox Mark, Its the 4th relay from the left IIRC. I would check your hazard light switch as well though, as the indicators are wired up through that, and if the connections are dodgy on the hazard switch it can prevent the indicators from working at all. First port of call would be the relay though in my opinion.

Faz

Sign in to follow this