• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Edd-XS

Mi16 Alternator

Edd-XS

Right, how do I fit the bloody thing?? Ive done a search as I tried using my 8v tension bracket, and although looking like the exact right thing, it didnt line up properly, it angled up too high and sat too far to the right.

Miles has kindly just sent me an Mi tension bracket, but i cant see how this is supposed to mount to the block? The 8v one had a right angled plate at the bottom, but the Mi one doesnt? From the search's ive done it looks like it may fit to a PAS something-or-rather, but I have no PAS bits on this engine, although I think it may have had the stuff fitted when it was in the 405...

help!

pics would be appreciated too :unsure:

Ta,

Edd

Super Josh

Edd, Is this a 1.9 Mi lump? Not answering your problem but the PAS on the 1.9 Mi is driven off the exhaust camshaft, so the alternator belt only drives the alternator and the AC compressor, if fitted.

If it's a 2.0 Mi XU10, then thqat's completely different and the PAS pump is driven by the alternator belt.

Josh

jonnie205

There is no right angled part on the mi16, the lower stay of the bracket is an m10 tapping in the side of the block above the sump, should be easy to see

Edd-XS

ahhhhh ok jonnie205 that sounds about right :unsure:

Just the only mount point I saw was on the front of the block and assumed it fitted the same way as the 8v. Hoping to get this engine running on my two days off on monday and tue next week. only taken me 17 months so far... lol

Edd

Sign in to follow this