• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SaneMan

Infinity Tweeter Jigsaw Puzzle Ages 7+

SaneMan

Just had some Infinity Reference component 5010 CS delivered today. :)

I have always bought 2way 13cm speakers for all my 205's but thought

I would try the component way this time. I was expecting the speakers to

come ready assembled in the box but shock and horror, the tweeters are in

bits. Its been about 7 years since I last had an amp in any of my cars, so

all the wiring and crossover stuff escapes me now.

The swines haven't included any diagrams whatsoever on how to put this tweeter together.

I am hoping somebody can help me out with this puzzle.

Also, does the headunit go to the crossover, then that wires to tweeter and the mid speaker?

Headunit to -IN+, 13cm to -WF+, and tweeter to -TW+ ? What is the -3db for ??

There isn't even any wire included, is this normal? Or they are just being tight... (Iceclearout on ebay)

OK, 13cms are a straight swap, but this tweeter is in several bits and the crossover confuses me

too. Please try and explain it as if you are talking to Andy Pitkin from Little Britain.

All help kindly appreciated.

Cheers

Image98.jpg

Image96.jpg

tom_m

a quick search of the Infinity website comes up with this

hope this helps

SaneMan
a quick search of the Infinity website comes up with this

hope this helps

Thankyou very much Sir ! :)

dum1.jpg

miamistu

Ha ha! Ace! :D

Sandy

I have those exact ones in my 309. I used the black top left brackets in your picture and jammed them behind the air vents for stealth! I wired them into the attenuated terminals (-3db) because they were over bright on the normal terminals, but it will vary with the head unit to some extent.

Bloody good set up and well worth the effort over 2 ways.

SaneMan
I have those exact ones in my 309. I used the black top left brackets in your picture and jammed them behind the air vents for stealth! I wired them into the attenuated terminals (-3db) because they were over bright on the normal terminals, but it will vary with the head unit to some extent.

Bloody good set up and well worth the effort over 2 ways.

After you put the vent back do they still sound OK?

I thought the hot air might affect them.....

mak

I put mine on the leccy window button holder, facing upwards, using the middle bottom bracket and a nut and bolt. Sounds fine.

scumbag

I have the same ones and didnt get any wires either apart from the ones the tweeters have. The reason they aren't put together is because there are a few different fitting configurations as per the link provided by tom_m. I installed mine just below the fans near door. The blank panels below are an ideal place, and easily replacable should you ever need to take them out!

Only need one hole drilled for wires and 2 small pilot ones for the screws (I used the very smallest ones and the flat bottomed silver pod).

To take the panels out use a small flathead at the base an gently lever them out!

I wasn't worried about the wires as I used better Speaker cable and rewired them all. Getting the wire behind kickplate and thru the hole, up the tube into the door was the most tricky and annoying part but I wanted it stealth! You could use standard wiring as better stuff only gives marginal improvements.

My crossovers are in the glove box and tray below ECU.

The soundstage is ok, but could be a lot better if I had used the swivel mounts and pivoted them to point to the centre of the car.

Hope that helps!

Sandy
After you put the vent back do they still sound OK?

I thought the hot air might affect them.....

They sound great, a little top end heavy if anything, but I have no bass system, it would be too Chav.

Dino

SaneMan - If I were you I would use the flush-mount configuration shown in the manual. It really is quite simple :D All you need to do is remove the vents and drill a hole big enough to house the tweeter. Use the threaded mount and the large hand nut to secure the tweeter in place.

I did this in my 205 and mounted the tweeters in the airvent panels (the flat bit below the vents)

The installation looked factory fitment and sounded far better than anywhere else you could have the tweeters :(

Edited by Dino

vern

My tweeters are mounted low down on the windscreen pillar trim.

SaneMan
My tweeters are mounted low down on the windscreen pillar trim.

Thanks for all the replies.

I'm baffled. I remove the 2 corner air vents and mount the tweeter in there?

What happens when the fans on blasting ( ok, blowing in a 205) hot air over the tweeter?

Can't be good for it Shirley ?

Sandy

Hasn't been a problem for mine. The temp of the air blowing over it might well still be less than the internal temp of the tweeter.

mak

One thing to remember is security,

As soon as some pikey get sees a tweeter hes going to know you have components, which are probably worth knicking. Mounting them below the fans or on the bottoms of the pillars is to much of an invitation in my eyes, hence why I hid them away in the door bins.

Dino

I had my tweeters like that for over 3 years and parked in some rough parts of town.

No one touched my car........

Sandy

That's why i put them in the vents, you really can't see them and they work fine.

Alastairh
I had my tweeters like that for over 3 years and parked in some rough parts of town.

To be fair mate, your 205 has a pritty awesome alarm, that goes off when scoobies go past at 20 mph :ph34r: , which my mother wasn't quite so impressed :ph34r:

Alastair

Edited by Alastairh

Sign in to follow this