• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
migti

406 Brakes Holding On

migti

evening

i have a 406 1.9td ans my daily

the brakes started playing up and this is getting to me!

Ill try and explain, say i pull up to the lights at red on the brakes and let off,

the pedal does not return properly and the brakes bind for a few second and then release

happens even if you just dab the brakes

i have replaced the m/c, 2 front flexis,recon front calipers and servo vacume pump

what would a knackerd servo do?? has anyone replaced on a 406 as it looks a nightmare!

Cheers all

Jrod

I had something like this on my 205 and like you replaced lmost everything with no luck.

Last thing I replaced was the copper brake lines and that fixed it. Don't know if it culd be the same?

saveloy

Did you replace everything, like for like?

It sounds like the M/C isn't exactly the same. And the rod length is slightly different. This would give you your present problem, since the return hole would be partially covered. This means that the fluid takes longer to return to the reservoir, once the pedal has been pushed.

If you want to test this theory, pull off the M/C ( no need to disconnect anything but the 2 mounting nuts and pull it aside) and wind the servo rod one turn in. That will change the rod travel by approximately 1mm.

Sign in to follow this