• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chris932

Engine Set Up For Fast Raod/track Days

Guest Chris932

Hi, I'm fairly new to the Peugeot scene and would like to squeeze a few more bhp out of my 205 1.9 GTi and in the end I would really like to have a go at some track days. Can anyone give me any advice on where to start or what would be a good 'beginner' set up to go and have some fun in? I have about £1,500 maybe a little more if needed put by for the tuning and I already have some Delhorto 45 carbs at home ready to fit if that will help.

Any thoughts on this would be great

Cheers

frodo_monkey

Thats about the budget I've been using to rebuild my 1.6, so something similar I guess:

XU10 head, flowed with a bit of porting and polishing done (£300ish)

CatCam 279 (call it £400ish with a vernier)

Use your existing carbs

Rebuild and blueprint the motor (£?)

Depends how much you can do yourself, obviously if someone else does the work then you'll pay more. If you had enough to spare maybe a Quaife diff?

smckeown

I'd spend £0 on power improvements, and just focus on getting the car safe, reliable and handling well; and spend the rest on tuition.

Edited by smckeown

Martin@PRD

If your only interested in increasing the power from your engine, then ditch the Crap Flap (air flow meter) and install 3D Map able Engine management, any other modification you do to the engine you will see the full potential/Gain form re-mapping to suit which will maximise reliability and driveability of the car.

Fitting carbs will maximise Throttle response (depending on chokes) and will also fuel mixture to be adjusted, though ignition will still be unaffected, this then becomes important with cams and increase Compression ratio, but fitting 3d ignition will sort this out though this then becomes just as expensive as Engine management but with out the gains of injection which are less fuel consumption, increased torque and a few more Bhp

Edited by Martin@PRD

TEKNOPUG

Supension, brakes, LSD, tyres.

That should see your £1500 gobbled up pretty quickly.

If this is already covered then I wouldnt bother with spending £1500 on tuning an NA 8v complete waste of money for the power achievable. £1500 should see you with a reliable 180+bhp 16v or turbo conversion.

Miles

I agree with the Make the car reliable with thing's like new Water Hoses, Oil Breather hoses and ignition system and wiring unless already done, Then the suspension and rear beam rebuild (have a search on this as there's load on the subject), Brakes with overhauled caliper's, Disc's and good pad's then lastly some Nice Bilstein Dampers all round

Sign in to follow this