• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cossie350

S16 Lump Is In But....

cossie350

Right got the lump in, started it, ran it up to temperature and all was good. Then give it a rev and oil came out of the dipstick pipe :rolleyes: . Any ideas........

Thanks Rick.

welshpug

yes, put the dipstick in.

boldy205

crank case breathers? these may be blocked and causing ant pressure to blow out of the tube?

the dip sticks do have a habbit orf loosing thier seal so maybe a new one? dont think thier much money from pugs.

Matt.

as mentioned check breathers and also oil level isnt too high

cossie350

Thank you..........

Alastairh

pm'd you back mate.

whizzer71
Right got the lump in, started it, ran it up to temperature and all was good. Then give it a rev and oil came out of the dipstick pipe :) . Any ideas........

Thanks Rick.

Oh no !,I had this with an Mi lump last year,Bought a car with the engine fitted but not wired up,Finished the job off, ran it up etc and it was pushing oil out of the dipstick,checked the breathers etc,made sure that I hadnt overfilled it and that the dipstick was a good seal and it was.

So then we stripped the engine down and removed the pistons to find that the rings had all but gummed/seized themselves into the pistons,not knowing the history of the engine or where it came from I can only assume that it had stood around for a long time in a damp environment.

Tris

<_<

Richie-Van-GTi

double check your pipe routing as well, Ive seen one where someone got the pipes mixed up and effectivley shut off the breathers, that made a nice mess when revved.

Hilgie

Dipstick might not close off very well either...you could try a new dipstick.

Alastairh

So how did you get on mate?

luggy

New oil filter?

cossie350

Sorry bout the delay, it was a combination of 2 things dip stick seal and me being a bit keen and not putting the breather pipes on the air filter housing properly. It will be going in for an MOT next week so should be on the road for the beggining of Feb :D

Sign in to follow this