• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
oli-pug

283mm Or 266mm 307 Brakes?

oli-pug

i know there's loads of threads on 307 brakes already but i need some advice on a which of the two sizes to go for...

My question is how much heavier is the 283mm setup over the 266?

Mainly because i dont like the idea of all this increase in unsprung mass leading me into a ditch!

boldy205

a lot of people dont see the real NEED to uprate to the larger of the two. the 266 is ample. On my pretty much Std 1.9 a set of std size ATE pads and disks (the grooved type, available from Euro Car Parts) gave me a good set up on road.

tho when these wear out id prob uprate to 266 as you can keep the wheel weights on the inside of the wheel then.

Matt.

Adnic69

What about an MI on the smaller 266mm disc setup?

I have 283mm discs and pads but bought 266mm setup calipers off ebay by mistake.

Anthony
What about an MI on the smaller 266mm disc setup?

I have 283mm discs and pads but bought 266mm setup calipers off ebay by mistake.

266 will still be plenty sufficient with an Mi, road or track.

Pad choice is more important than the size of the disks.

Jrod

Dragging this up a little but on the mainsite guide it says that they won't fit hubs off lesser models.

Will the 283mm setup not fit onto base model hubs?

Edited by Jrod

Anthony
Will the 283mm setup not fit onto base model hubs?

Base model hubs will accept any brake upgrade that 1.9 hubs will as they're the same offset (just the wheel bearing and splines that differ) so there's no reason that 307 brakes won't go straight onto base model hubs

Jrod

Good. :D

Now where's my credit card. :)

Sign in to follow this