• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ren

Silicone Hose Kits

Ren

Hey people, I've got my engine out at the minute and I am considering buying a silicone hose kit from BBM while I do a few other bits to it. Now my question is, how do you remove the oil cooler? as the BBM kit is designed for cars without it. Is it just simply a case of remove the oil filter, unbolt the cooler and then the new oil filter screws directly to the block? Also is it ok to run without it? It's an Mi16 road car by the way.

Cheers, Ren.

tidypug

Take off the oil filter then undo the oil cooler, its easy to take irc. No need to modify anything.

Does you engine run a tin sump or the fined alloy sump?

If you have the finned sump then you will be fine without a cooler, if you have the tin one then you may have problems.

Edited by tidypug

pug_ham

If its just an Mi road car you should be Ok in the Uk without an oil cooler imo, tin or alloy sump.

The oil cooler doesn't use the silicone water hoses unless you have the later style water oil heat exchanger by the gearbox, if you have just use the original hose but I thougt Stew was looking at making this hoses also.

Graham.

Ren

Yeh it's got the finned sump. I thought i'd read before that it would be fine for use without it but didn't have time to search as i was on the way to work and needed an answer for today so i can order it.

Cheers for the replies

Ren.

Sign in to follow this