• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Longun

Cold Expansion Tank.

Longun

I've done a few search's but most are over heating issues mines a cold water issue. I've only just noticed this but after a good 15 drive the header tank is still cold? Is this normal? Should I wait longer for the water to circulate round? I thought water flowed back into the header tank and I've got none? I might be getting muddled here and be all wrong.

My heaters are hot, all pipe work that should be hot is. The rad is hot right the way across. The fan comes on as it should at about 115 Temp runs normal at just below 90 when driving and the stat was new last year (88 degree I think) although I am thinking its that. Can I remove the stat altogether to at least test that I get a flow back to the expansion tank or does this not happen.

I've got carbs so here is a modded diagram of my cooling system so you know whats where. The only real change is the pipe than normally goes to the inlet is going direct back to the expansion tank.

coolant.gif

I've just replaced the matrix and this is the only reason I noticed so the system has been bled today. Oh and the matrix can be changed by a complete idiot in under an hour and a half the dash can stay in. Thanks to others that have posted how to do it.

Edited by Longun

pug_ham

IMO after a 15 minute drive f the engine is up to normal temp the tank should be at least warm.

I'll check mine tomorrow.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this