• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Brambles

205 Mi16 Heat Shields

Brambles

Is anyone running there 205 Mi 16 witout the exhaust heat shields that run under the car.

I am a bit concerned as without the carpets and sounproofing etc I have noticed it get verry hot along the tunnell inside the car from the heat of the exhaust.

I would prefer to do without the heat shields if its sensible.

Richie-Van-GTi

wont be a problem if the tunnel gets hot in a stripped out car, just make sure any shields around the fuel tank remain. You may find if theres any gear linkages etc unshielded the grease will be prone to drying out but regular inspection and greasing will be OK.

Brambles
wont be a problem if the tunnel gets hot in a stripped out car, just make sure any shields around the fuel tank remain. You may find if theres any gear linkages etc unshielded the grease will be prone to drying out but regular inspection and greasing will be OK.

Yes good point about the gear linkages.

What made me wonder was that lift up reverse cable that runs along the top of the tunnell was showing sighns of heat damage in one area, that got me to thinking about the paint/underseal especially now that mine is still relativelly newish?

Picture011aaa.jpg

2222222.jpg

Mi16Photos28-01-06030.jpg

Sign in to follow this