• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
vern

Non Return / Check Valve

vern

I would like one of these to finish my TT conversion, from an earlier post I was told to try an aquarium shop or plumbers merchant, but I had no joy in finding anything suitable.

Where can I get one from, I think the 2lt turbo engine has one?, anyone got the part number for it, anybody got any ideas

sonofsam

What size ID is the pipe its going on then? Im pretty good at finding things usually :angry:

2.0L turbo has one yes, dont know part number, but might be able to dig it out the parts CD.

vern

Its to go inbetween the filler cap and throttlebody usual TT place, as for hose size do not know off the top of my head, would of said about 6-10mm though will measure tomorrow, have searched internet but if you can find anything that would be great.

If you could find me a prt number for the 2lt that would be great.

Edited by vern

steve@cornwall
Its to go inbetween the filler cap and throttlebody usual TT place, as for hose size do not know off the top of my head, would of said about 6-10mm though will measure tomorrow, have searched internet but if you can find anything that would be great.

If you could find me a prt number for the 2lt that would be great.

Home brew suppliers?

Edit- I just googled "non-return valve"- lots of possibilities!

Edited by steve@cornwall

vern

I have already googled and got lots of hits, but none I could find were any good, but if you find anything let me know.

Guest michaelreddo
I have already googled and got lots of hits, but none I could find were any good, but if you find anything let me know.

try yahoo!!

sonofsam

It gives the same results?

Really need to know the ID first, found a nice brass 8mm one .Item number: 7768672002.

Nothing on the EP CD I could found, but from memory it looks around 8mm.

Might get lucky and chaf one from the breakers.

jackherer

go for a slightly erratic drive until you get pulled by the police, hopefully they will think you are drunk and then breathalise you, once they find you are not over the limit they will let you go but not before giving you the white tube you were blowing through which just happens to be a one way valve.....

sorry, thats not very useful really B)

sonofsam

lol Hospitals are another place to score them lol.

vern

Google/Yahoo brings up lots of results, but nothing I can see would be usefull in an car application.

Sam the ID is about 7-8mm.

sonofsam

Cant see you having a problemo finding one, some are multi fit 5-10mm barbed ends.

Wouldnt wory about it being non car part, mine should be used on a fish tank! But instead its on my brake servo line.

Brass one would be the best bet then:D

post-71-1168099056.jpg

vern

That looks ok just looking for something in plastic more OE looking like the one on the 2lt turbo engine.

Also I am a bit worried about the pressure rating of some non return valve, as the turbo will produce pressures around 1 bar (about 15 psi old money).

Sign in to follow this