• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
James_m

8v Cooling System

James_m

Right, before i ge the usual 'do a search'. all the previous threads are before 2005, and therefore read only :) Anyway, im trying to make a cooling sytem almost purely on 8v hoses, minus the metal pipe that runs across the cam cover. and this is what we have so far

16coolantnow1.gif

How have other people done this? For the expansion tank to thermostat housing problem, the only way i can see this can be solved, is to fit the coolant hoses back to the throttle body(if i have them) and longer term get a thermostat housing with 1 less outlet which im sure ive seen the xu10 turbo has, unless anyone has any better solutions?

And the other problem is the thermostat housing to heater matrix connection which is too short, i guess im going to need another hose for this, so anyone suggest another hose from another car easily availible from a scrapyard that could be used?

All suggestions welcome, Cheers James.

jonnie205

One from right of expansion tank goes to throttle body. If you have the short hose from heater matrix to stat housing just put this hose to rear oulet on stat housing (its a metal pipe) and block the side outlet of hosuing with a bung. Throw away metal coolant pipe on back of head. You will need an 8v distribution block on rear of engine or just bung the 3rd outlet

James_m

Thanks Jonnie, i do have the 8v rear outlet so i will swap that over, and also get the 8v stat housing on and route the right expansion tank pipe directly to that.

Cheers James.

Edited by James_m

jonnie205

No you leave teh 16v stat housing on and just blank off the post you dont need. The expansion tank hose goes to the small metal pipe on stat housing or you can go via throttle body

Sign in to follow this