• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cybernck

Aftermarket Steering Wheel Boss

cybernck

i don't know the make of it but it's a standard 6-hole pattern setup and i took it off a phase2 306 GTI6.

what i need to know (asap) is wether it will fit a mk1 106 Rallye or not?

and also if it would fit a 205 GTI?

thanks.

Baz

I wouldve thought so. Ive had a few different bosses now from various pugs, have all been the same fitment. The only differences ive found is with Momo wheels that have a different 6 bolt spacing, but the momo boss i have is also drilled for the universal 6 bolt spacing, so dont think there's a worry. :D

scumbag

My old boss was a bit random and fitted a fair few cars so maybe just try sticking it on and see how it goes :)

I want a removable steering wheel. Ultimate theft prevention!

cybernck

ah so it just may be the case of having non-cancelling indicators and perhaps a different steering wheel offset?

i think i'll try it on to make sure (though i don't have a steering wheel, lol) before i decide wether to sell it or not.

thanks.

Richie-Van-GTi

should be fairly simple to weld a lug on to cancel the indicators.

Henry Yorke

The Momo ones have a cast lug on the bottom, Some of the Mountney and other brands utilise the plastic clip from the bottom of the standard 205 GTI wheel and a circlip.

there is also a difference between a phase 1 and a phase 2 boss, but not sure if this is just the indicator stalks switch canceller.

If you fit a 405 Mi16 wheel to a 205, you have to file down the edge of the column shroud as it will catch otherwise

I mixed a few boss's up and a snap off kit to make mine extra long so I can fit my knees underneath the wheel!!

Baz
I want a removable steering wheel. Ultimate theft prevention!

Yup, excellent things! Got a spare snap off kit actually! :blush:

cybernck

here are some pics of the boss, not sure what make is it.

post-4-1168303644_thumb.jpg

post-4-1168303772_thumb.jpg

post-4-1168303892_thumb.jpg

post-4-1168304376_thumb.jpg

i think it's pretty much the same as the one on my 205 Mi32, so i guess they're indeed cross-compatible :).

i'm selling it locally and need to know how much do they usually go for in the UK?

i'll then ask that price + P&P as that seems most fair and logical :P.

answers required asap :lol:.

thanks.

Baz

looks like a Momo with the 2 sets of bolt drillings, although i think usually the Momo's have it written on them somewhere?

Someone just sold a boss on here for around £15 iirc.

cybernck

any more opinions?

Sign in to follow this