• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
scumbag

Overheating

scumbag

My car has been running hotter than usual over the last few days, coinciding with the water appearing inside the car. I am presuming it is all linked, maybe down to when I didnt bleed the system when topping up after removing rad, and poss that pressure built up causing leaks and the little water to boil off.

Using the following ebay image merely as an example as I cant find any other pics >

c5_1.JPG

My car always used to run on the first Fat line pretty much all the time.

Two days ago, started getting upto about the second fat line.

After draining the rad and re-filling with bleed screws open and going for a quick 5 mile drive, the temp is sticking between first fat and second thin line. only gets to second thin line if sat waiting in traffic.

It this roughly where it should be?? cheers

futura

This sounds now back to normal :)

Richie-Van-GTi

sounds about normal to me, keep an eye on that leak inside though. Could be the heater matrix.

scumbag
sounds about normal to me, keep an eye on that leak inside though. Could be the heater matrix.

Thats what I though too! i found a greenish liquid in the glovebox all over my crossover network!!! Gutted. Only place I can thing it is from is the matrix!!!!

Full investigation will have to take place after a few days monitoring!

Sign in to follow this