• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Craigb

Finally Fitted The Four Branch

Craigb

Finally sorted the Maniflow exhaust out over the Christmas break , the result being a far quicker ride.

0.7 secs quicker 0-60

in second and third it pulls far stronger in the 40 to 70 overtaking region .

I still think there is more to come as it running a very basic ignition map. :)

smckeown

Sweet. That's a significant improvement

Unexpected though as plenty of people have had good results from the OE setup..

mickie

did you get the exhaust in without touching the engine mounts ?

is the manifold a magnex one and is the rest of your system standard ?

welshpug
Maniflow exhaust

:D

PumaRacing
Finally sorted the Maniflow exhaust out over the Christmas break , the result being a far quicker ride.

0.7 secs quicker 0-60

in second and third it pulls far stronger in the 40 to 70 overtaking region .

I still think there is more to come as it running a very basic ignition map. :D

So that stainless steel system had been crippling the engine all along as predicted. Hopefully now the peak torque will be up to sensible levels in the 130s ft lbs rather than the 120 which was no better than stock and a clear indication something was wrong. I'll also be interested to see if the power now peaks lower down where it ought to.

Craigb

The engine mount on the offside top was removed , the bottom one loosened and the engine pulled forwards. A two man job

So that stainless steel system had been crippling the engine all along as predicted. Hopefully now the peak torque will be up to sensible levels in the 130s ft lbs rather than the 120 which was no better than stock and a clear indication something was wrong. I'll also be interested to see if the power now peaks lower down where it ought to.

The system is still on Dave , only so much money to go around :) . all that has been replaced has been the manifold and down pipe. I previously posted about a mismatch between the mating flanges.

Don't know when i will get it back on the rollers at the moment , but it would be nice to get true back to back figures

PumaRacing

I thought you had to retain the standard manifold in your type of rallying or am I thinking of somebody else?

dazEmad

What sort of gains can be achieved with a 4-2-1 on my 2.0mi (approx 170bhp) ive seen quite a few on the market like maniflow / pug peformance / milltek. The milltek 421's look really good quality / value but i doubt you can buy them re-angled for a 205. The manifold on at the moment is perfect for clearance issues and a very similiar design to the 8v manifold so im not sure if i would be wasting money. The gti-6 manifold could be a cheaper option as lots appear on ebay but what are these like for clearance issues, how much bhp gain do you think it helps the gti-6 engine achieve its 167bhp.

Edited by dazEmad

Craigb
I thought you had to retain the standard manifold in your type of rallying or am I thinking of somebody else?

You have to retain the standard inlet manifold for road rallies , but the exhaust is free

PumaRacing
The system is still on Dave , only so much money to go around :) . all that has been replaced has been the manifold and down pipe. I previously posted about a mismatch between the mating flanges.

Yes I recall. Clearly that was the major problem and hopefully if the rest of the system is of a sufficient diameter and has straight through silencers it should be fine. The most critical part of any exhaust system is usually the manifold and down pipe region.

PumaRacing
You have to retain the standard inlet manifold for road rallies , but the exhaust is free

Ah, excellent.

Sign in to follow this