• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
scumbag

Removing Go Faster Stripes!

Ren
The "deviant" was probably the first owner! some pug dealers did a range of extra stickers you could have added to customise your gti.

Yep I think that would be where they came from. My car had the same stripe along it in when I bought it. It looked minging though as it had faded to a crappy pink colour. I have also seen a few cars since with the same stripe.

Ren.

scumbag

B) Mine was pink too! Apart from one bit which was brighter red so must have been replaced!!! Shame about my paint bodge but that'll go when I can afford the spray.

Reckon it's worth getting it done as one or could I just get a panel or two sprayed at a time as my budget allows?

Ren

If it was me and I wanted it done bit by bit i would try and find 2nd hand doors, bumper valances, bootlid and bonnet and perhaps two new wings depending on the condition of yours and get these sprayed one at a time. Then you could bubblewrap them and keep them somewhere safe. Once you then have enough to spray the remainder of the shell you could get it done, bolt these bits on and the car will be fully painted, then sell the bits you removed.I think the problem with doing it bit by is that by the time you have finished the first bits you painted could be scratched and stonechipped. Obviously it depends on how long you think it would take to do bit by bit or to save for the full respray in one go.

Ren.

scumbag

I am not sure what to do at the moment. Car was 650 and a respray will be about 700 just for a blowover, coming to about 1350 in total. Dunno whether to sell and get a mint one?

dommorton

DIY the wing and enjoy

Ren

I'd say that if the shell is straight and rot free in all the main areas then keep it and get it painted. The chances of finding an immaculate or recently painted 205 for less than £1500 is slim. Most will now be scratched in various places and have dings here and there. Plus the chance of buying what you think is a minter only to find out there is terminal rust under the rear seats or something else wrong with it for example.

Ren.

scumbag

Think I'll commision my brother for this! If he doesnt want to spray it for me (he's good with a can B)) he's got a few mates who are sprayers who'll do £45 a panel

scumbag
I'd say that if the shell is straight and rot free in all the main areas then keep it and get it painted. The chances of finding an immaculate or recently painted 205 for less than £1500 is slim. Most will now be scratched in various places and have dings here and there. Plus the chance of buying what you think is a minter only to find out there is terminal rust under the rear seats or something else wrong with it for example.

Ren.

I did consider that. Mine is practically rust free, bar three 5 p piece sized surface rust bubbles above rear windows and one on kickplate so otherwise is sound. Think i'll have a go at your idea I reckon. Cheers Ren!!!

Ren

No worries. Keep us updated, and make sure you take plenty of photos along the way to put on here.

Ren.

Guest michaelreddo

WD40 to remove the sticky stuff is also good. Using a window scraper to lift the stripes also works

tomodling
You mean like this?

1stweekend1.jpg

mine were like that but without the 205 in them. There seems to have been a massive amount of different stickers on offer.

tom

Sign in to follow this