• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Higgy

Radiator Fan Switch - Mind Of Its Own.

Higgy

Hi,

I don't know if it is the power of Stonehenge ( :) ), but for the second time in a row going to my parents via the A303 the radiator fan switch knackers up.

The first time was when I was running-in my spare Mi engine, and the fan switch broke. Luckily I had the heater matrix on full blast (in the summer) to take out the engine heat and I saved the engine/head gasket.

After this 'incident' I fitted a fan overide switch and took the fan switch out and tested it. The fcuking thing works now?

Now coming back from Xmas the fan switch started to stay on when just a 'bit' of heat gets into the water. I think the constant power drain of the fan and the slow moving traffic caused my immobiliser to keep cutting in (sorry to any cars stuck behind me!!).

When I got home I just pulled the connector off, not wanting my fan to be on all night! The next day or so I plugged the connector back on but the fan stayed off? After a 5min drive the bl**dy fan was on again, so I have taken the connector back off as the switch can't be trusted. I've got a couple of spare radiator fan switches so I will fit them when the weather improves.

Higgy.

(mental note, dont get stuck in traffic in the 205 :lol: )

Sign in to follow this