Welcome to the brand new 205GTIDrivers.com website! We hope you'll enjoy it! Read the full notice here.

Sign in to follow this  
adrian_gti

Electrical Problem - No Electric After Trying To Start Car

adrian_gti

Hey Guys,

Car has been great apart from clutch slipping.. tonight I drove to my parents and parked up. I left the car for about 2 hours. When I tried to start the car it knocked off all the cars power.

I had to take the -ve terminal off and put it back on to get anything working but when I tried starting it knocked the power off again. After doing that about 15 times in the rain I worked out when trying to start it was making a loud click from the starter and that was knocking the power off.

I got the car home by jump starting it.

Anyone know what could be causing this and what I should check?

Thanks in advance <_<

Edited by adrian_gti

welshpug

it'll be a low battery, causing the solenoid to move then it stops leaving the battery on and open circuit but not enough juice to crank.

hence why it started with a jump.

steve@cornwall
it'll be a low battery, causing the solenoid to move then it stops leaving the battery on and open circuit but not enough juice to crank.

hence why it started with a jump.

Try cleaning the battery terminals and clamping tightly, if you have the original pug negative terminal on the battery (with the "wing nut" clamp), replace with a "proper" clamp- works wonders.May need a good run afterwards to re-charge

adrian_gti

cheers for the replies guys. It was the battery :(

bosch silver syndrome. It's the 3rd one that has given up on me after only 7ish months of use. Will be taking it back for a refund. These batteries are useless.

Sign in to follow this