• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Nathan

Removing Power Steering

Nathan

I'm in the halfway through swapping my 1.6 engine (for another 1.6) and the engine thats now in the car desn't have PAS where as mine did, now due to current time constraints I'm not going to sawp all the old PAS gubbins over, but what do I do about the pipes coming out of the rack, can I just blank off where the hoses come out, will this work? Or is the another solution?

Cheers

Sandy

I think this have been covered before many times, but all i've ever done is unbolt the ram (stupidly heavy with it still in place) and remove the pipes from the pinion housing. You could plug the holes, but it's only important if you intend to re-connect later.

Atari Boy

I will be interested to heat how you find the car without pas.

My car does not have it, and I like it, except when trying to park!!

jackherer
You could plug the holes, but it's only important if you intend to re-connect later.

another reason to plug the holes is to disguise them from over zealous MOT testers, as technically a PAS rack with no assistance is a failure.

newdean0

My tester spotted the plugged rack holes but passed it anyway after giving me an advisory. An oil temperature sender works well as a plug on one of the holes, I think they are different sizes though.

Sign in to follow this