• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugbliss

Sound Insulation/ Deadning

pugbliss

hi

after quite a lot of faffing around with the pug i now need to buy the sound insulation/deadning stuff that goes behind and under the carpet..

where do i get it from?????

or if i can no longer get it what else can i use and where can i get that from????

cheers

Super Josh

Various sized pads available here

Then just cut to size. Although I bought a pre-cut kit from a place online quite a few years ago. This had pieces to go under under the carpets front and rear, under the rear seatsand under the boot mat. You could also specify an under bonnet kit which would cover under the bonnet and the bulkhead. If you are interested, I'll see if I can dig out their details.

Josh

Adnic69

google "woolies"

They supply propper sound deadening felt, not much money either

jim21070

After keeping on getting hits for a high street shop with a similar shortened name I thought I'd post the link...

Woolies

I cannot help thinking after the recent heavy rain a number of us with leaky cars will need them. My sound insulation in the footwells is now out for the binman as a wet soggy mess in a couple of carrier bags.

What secrets a carpet can hide :angry:

pugbliss

the stuff from wollies is it just like the stuff from peugoet???

also does it do the job well??????

this places sound like it has the right stuff

http://www.tradepriced.co.uk/car_carpet.html

just want to know what best to use at an affordable price.

jim21070

I've just ordered some felt from Wollies. Part No. 292. It looks about as close to the original Pug stuff as one is likely to get.

Half an inch thick and latex backed.

I'll let you know when it arrives how it looks and suits the job.

Here is a picture of it.

post-5512-1167821301.jpg

Higgy
I cannot help thinking after the recent heavy rain a number of us with leaky cars will need them.

I found a nice puddle behind my passenger seat yesturday :D

Only water I had in the car last year (I mean 2005!) was because of the heater matrix, so god knows where this lot has come from.

The only bit of insulation I have left is behind the drivers seat. ;)

Higgy.

pugbliss

jim21070...

yes pls let me know if its anygood

as in ..

does it

A... lay ok under the carpet and is it like the origional stuff and

B... DOES IT DO THE JOB PROPERLY???

cheers

joe

jim21070
jim21070...

yes pls let me know if its anygood

as in ..

does it

A... lay ok under the carpet and is it like the origional stuff and

B... DOES IT DO THE JOB PROPERLY???

cheers

joe

Hi Joe,

Just got mine :)

A. Yes, it'll lay a treat and is far in excess of Pug OE quality. It is denser for one thing.

B. I'm 100% positive it will.

It is Quality stuff and highly recommended. One roll of the stuff (at £20 all in) will do the whole car.

To really put the cream on it, Woolies are a lovely company to deal with and my roll arrived next day, packed to perfection.

dd_156ar
One roll of the stuff (at £20 all in) will do the whole car.

Jim - does that include the boot as well?

Thanks

Dan

Super Josh
Hi Joe,

Just got mine :)

A. Yes, it'll lay a treat and is far in excess of Pug OE quality. It is denser for one thing.

B. I'm 100% positive it will.

It is Quality stuff and highly recommended. One roll of the stuff (at £20 all in) will do the whole car.

To really put the cream on it, Woolies are a lovely company to deal with and my roll arrived next day, packed to perfection.

Jim, that's good to hear. It is quite rare to deal with a company that has good customer service, so it is something that should be praised :lol:

Josh

pugpete1108

dunno if this is of any interest?

or is it the fibre stuff you are deffo after?

click

jim21070
Jim - does that include the boot as well?

Thanks

Dan

I'm hoping so Dan!

By the looks of the rolled up size of the stuff I reckon a better than evens chance it will.

jim21070
dunno if this is of any interest?

or is it the fibre stuff you are deffo after?

click

They're a different animal altogether. Those are the stick-on pads that stop panels drumming. Very useful on large expanses of metal behind trims but not really the right stuff to go under carpets.

pugbliss

jim21070....what exactly did you ask for on the phone????? cos for 20 quid all im i want some.... its isnt listed on there calologue for a roll only by metre..... so how much did you get??????? for £20??????

cherers

joe

newdean0

I found the cheapest place to get the insulation was from a scrap ZX! Most of them seam to be leak free and it's a nice big piece you can trim to size for the 205 boot.

Ahl
They're a different animal altogether. Those are the stick-on pads that stop panels drumming. Very useful on large expanses of metal behind trims but not really the right stuff to go under carpets.

Plus you can buy a big roll of that stuff from Wickes or other DIY places. Look for ungritted self adhesive roofing felt. Its thicker than brown bread etc too and it'll do a number of cars.

The felt from Woolies sounds interesting though, think I'll get some as well.

Wildebeest

Is it this stuff that you bought?

Sound deadening felt

I also need some, having started the first stage of weight reduction by removing the sodden felt from the rear passenger side and letting the carpet dry out. Got minging musty hands now :)

pugbliss

yes that is the stuff

Pugnut

just remember that replacing damp/wet insulation is pointless unless you repair the source of the leaks! the 205 carpet sucks because its totally sealed meaning once the water is in there it isn't coming out .

Wildebeest
just remember that replacing damp/wet insulation is pointless unless you repair the source of the leaks! the 205 carpet sucks because its totally sealed meaning once the water is in there it isn't coming out .

Yeah, I've replaced the rear 3/4 seal on the driver's side window(fitting that was a barrel of monkeys!).

You could physically see the water running in whilst it was raining! The back seats are out and I've propped the trailing edge up to allow the remaining moisture to escape. OnceIf this rain ever stops it be a lot quicker to get it sorted, what would be ideal is a heated garage to allow it to dry out a bit quicker. I just would like to get my hands on the bits so that when it's ready to put back together I'm good to go.

Sign in to follow this