• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
driversdomainuk

How Best To Spend £400

driversdomainuk

Hi

I need some views please. Which will be the best way (in terms of track times) to spend £400 (ish) either:

£400 on 23mm Torsion bars

or

£400 on Yoko A048R (Super softs)

Car is used for hillclimbs and has a tranx plate diff, koni adjustables and will soon have a rear 25mm ARB and a 309 front ARB....currently using Yoko AVS Sport which are ok, but not fantastic for hillclimbs which I use the car for. Also I am running standard TBs

My view is that getting the better set of tyres will be the best option, but I just want to hear any other views

thanks

Edited by driversdomainuk

smckeown

swollow your pride and spend it on driver training. tyres next i think (as people still get good times with stanbdard tbs) but you'll need more negative camber for yokohamas. Unless you buy avon acb10s that dont ened as much neg. camber (i have some for sale in the 4sale section)

Edited by smckeown

driversdomainuk
swollow your pride and spend it on driver training. tyres next i think (as people still get good times with stanbdard tbs) but you'll need more negative camber for yokohamas. Unless you buy avon acb10s that dont ened as much neg. camber (i have some for sale in the 4sale section)

Funny you should say that, as I can do a hillclimb training day for £175...which leaves me just over £200 for two front tyres.

Would it be ok to go for much softer tyres on the front and keep with the AVS's on the rear..?

I have already completed 2 seasons however, got quite good times and have not crahsed (touch wood!!!) and I think this training day is for novices...Could do a track day. However, I dont fancy waisting good rubber racing around a circuit if its non-competitive.

Sign in to follow this