• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AndyR

Vauxhall Digi Dash Conversion

AndyR

Im putting together a digital dash conversion for the 205 using the famous MKII Astra GTE/Senator dashboard.

I know I cant get the speedo to work as I need part of the vauxhall gearbox to do that which wont be compatable with the 205 BE3 box.

What Im thinking about at the moment are the temp gauges etc... I presume that each engine sensor, eg coolant temp works by changing the resistance in the circuit, and the gauge on the dash reads the resistance and shows the reading using the needle.

If I were to use the Senator dashboard then the 205 sensors might not send enough or too much making the gauges on the vaux dash inaccurate? Im I right?

Or do all cars use the same readings? Does anyone know what Im on about!!

Guest Joe_M

Jose's done this with the Astra 16v,

MVC_005S.jpg

Plus he's got the Speedo working to.

Edited by Joe_M

Guest Chip

Just a case of fitting the vauxhall sender to the box, or bulding some electronics to mimic it, shouldnt be too big a deal.

No point having the dash if you arent going to have the speedo working IMHO.

Its a superb dash i reckon, i dont know why all cars dont have a nice clear digital readout like that its so much easier.

Chip

AndyR

I have a Snooper S6 which has a GPS speedo, I would like to get the vauxhall speedo working but Ive no idea how that sender works and they are like rocking horse s*it to find a sender anyway.

Guest Chip

50 quid for a sender AND dash is about right.

Try www.migweb.co.uk

Guest Joe_M

My mates got one that he's selling - inc sender.

Think he's after £50 for it - I know he wont go lower than that though.

He bought it to put in his mk3 astra but he cant be arsed fitting it anymore.

Edited by Joe_M

AndyR

Ive got the dash just need the sender unit now.

has anyone done this to a 205 before?

Guest Joe_M

Yes, Jose has fitted the Astra 16v Clocks into a mk1 CTi with a 106gti 16v lump in it!

See Pic near top

Seen em up n running they just look so right!

Edited by Joe_M

Guest Admin

Joe can you get Jose to send me some info on how he did this? or get him on MSN so I can ask him a few questions about it

AndyR

Is that picture you posted a 205 with the dash fitted? I thought that was an astra.

Guess I need to PM jose then

EDITED TO SAY: Andy... Ive got some Astra loom info I ve found for the various wires coming from the back of the digi dash so I know which wire should go where... I just dont want all the gauges out of calibration so it would be pointless

Edited by AndyR

Guest Chip

I dont think they would be all out of calibration, most senders are pretty similar ranges that they operate through.

Chip

perfecto pug

i know jose had to buy another sender to get it to work, but its definatly different in a 205 (or at least it was) :unsure:

AndyR

So you reckon the pug senders would make the instruments on the vauxhall dash read too high/low for the various things.

I might just take the rev counter graph and cut out the tacho from an original 205 pod and replace it with the vauxhall one.

The digidash comes in 3 pieces when you take it to bits so Id just need to put the pcb for it somewhere.

Sign in to follow this