• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
j-16

309 F Arb + Coilovers

j-16

Hi, my 20516v currently runs (well once I've finished fitting it all):

Eagle F1s

New 205 wishbones

New drop links

New Track rod ends

VGC standard 205 rear beam - 1 spline

Group N front mounts

Group A rear mounts

Gaz Coilovers 10" 200llb

I've just bought a 309 front ARB which i've now read may induce understear but will I be able to compensate for this by adjusting the coilovers (ie harder at the back and a little softer at the front) or should I just stick with the 205 ARB until I can afford the 309 rear ARB too?

Any advice would be great

James

Edited by j-16

jackherer

Personally I'd wait until you have a thicker rear ARB but its an easy part to swap so you could always give it a go and swap it back if you don't like it. Thats what I ended up doing but I have a 309 rear beam now so I am going to put the 309 front bar back soon.

Miles

It's a personal thing, Some people like it other's don't so give it a try, even a few years ago some people disconected the front ARB completly. But uprated bar's and rear ARB (309 one doesn't fit 205 beam) is a good upgrade.

cybernck

i also like the front 309 ARB mod, providing 309 rear beam and 309 wishbones are also fitted.

j-16

Cheers Guys I think I'll give it a go, like you say i can easily swap back.

Now you mention it Miles I remember people disconnecting their roll bars now, i guess to increase oversteer?

"But uprated bar's and rear ARB (309 one doesn't fit 205 beam) is a good upgrade"

Do you mean the 309 rear anti roll bar doesn't fit the 205 beam?!! Oh damn I guess it's too long isn't it, and that also applies to the torsion bars?!

Thanks again

easypug
Do you mean the 309 rear anti roll bar doesn't fit the 205 beam?!! Oh damn I guess it's too long isn't it, and that also applies to the torsion bars?!

Thanks again

Correct

jackherer

you could get a base model 309 cross tube and use that along with your 205 trailing arms and 309 bars to make a 309 GTI spec beam. I read your original post as 'beam' not 'arb' for some reason...

Sign in to follow this