• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ANDYMISIXTEEN

205 Mi16 Hoses

ANDYMISIXTEEN

Have i got my hoses right on my Mi16? I havnt got the metal pipe that runs along the back of the rocker cover,do i need it?

Heres a pic of how far i got earlier just need to finish them off if ive got them right

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g56/DJMI...17122006409.jpg

Top heater matrix hose to right hand side of coolant splitter (back of engine @ the bottom)

Lower heater matrix hose to side of head

Left hand side of coolant splitter to bottom of header tank

Left side of header tank to radiator

Right side of header tank to side of head

Side of coolant splitter to rad

Richie-Van-GTi

sounds right to me although Id of done lower matrix pipe to coolant splitter and top one to side ofhead, just so they dont kind of overlap. No difference in it though, wont effect performance.

pug_ham

Sounds right, just the same as they were with the 8v engine fitted.

Graham.

Miles

Ditch the pipe and blank both ends off

ANDYMISIXTEEN
Ditch the pipe and blank both ends off

Whats it for, where does the coolant flow to? How would i blank them off? A small hose with a bolt in the end?

Miles

For that pipe to work as it should there might be a 2 stage stat in there, Most get replaced with a normal stat and it doesn;t really work then, It's just to get heat to the heater quicker I think

To blank off you can do that, or use some bung's that come on some BX16v engine's, Tig the housing up and change the rear water housing to the std 205 one

Brambles

Hold on a moment I thought the pipe that comes from the bottom of the expansion tank/bottle goes to the collant inlet at the rear of the engine that feeds in to the pump?

Am I right?

pug_ham
Hold on a moment I thought the pipe that comes from the bottom of the expansion tank/bottle goes to the collant inlet at the rear of the engine that feeds in to the pump?

Am I right?

It does & still will do whatever way you plumb the Mi in. I prefer to plumb them in by blanking off the metal pipe & using the cooling system pipework from the 8v with the 8v collector on the block instead of the Mi one like this. The oil cooler / heart exchanger is optional, some use them some don't. I'd use the late PAS 205 remote oil water heat exchanger on one.

Graham.

taylorspug

Mine is plumbed in as Graham has stated. As far as i can see its certainly the simplest and neatest way to plumb everything in, which was a factor when i did my car as i didnt want hoses running everywhere (more to go wrong!)

Im running the 8v water distribution block and also the 8v top hose/thermostat cover. :)

taylorspug

Yes its the same part, so just get an 8v item.

ANDYMISIXTEEN

Am i best of getting an 8v thermostat housing and coolant splitter? Isnt it worth running the extra hose to have more water in the system, even if its a small amont?

taylorspug

You can do, it wont give you any advantage having more water TBH, although if you use the 2 stage stat maybe the heater will start to work quicker! It really doesnt matter what combination you use, as i say mine was done that particular way because i feel if nothing else it makes the whole install look a bit tidier. :D

Pics of mine are in my sig by the way...

Sign in to follow this