• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
V8Pete

What Are These Things?

Sandy

Lights and fan resistors.

boombang

Resistor for low speed setting on fans IIRC - none of my cars have ever had one!

V8Pete

Excellent, thanks.

Now I won't stay up all night wondering.

Super Josh

Pete,

Yours must be a non AC model then? As the fan resistor is only fitted on cars that have a single radiator fan (as most in the UK do). The AC equipped cars have twin fans and achieve the low and high speed by running the two fans in series for low speed or in parallel for high speed, so no need for the resitor.

I assumed that all the models shipped to your part of the world would have been fitted with AC?

Josh

V8Pete
Pete,

Yours must be a non AC model then? As the fan resistor is only fitted on cars that have a single radiator fan (as most in the UK do). The AC equipped cars have twin fans and achieve the low and high speed by running the two fans in series for low speed or in parallel for high speed, so no need for the resitor.

I assumed that all the models shipped to your part of the world would have been fitted with AC?

Josh

No A/C, but two fans and it was imported from the UK 2nd hand in 1993. :D

V8Pete

You were right Josh, the car tricked me into believing there was a fan in each cage thing, but upon closer inspection there's only one.

Sign in to follow this