• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cossie350

Fao The Wiring Gods

cossie350

Before everyone slates me to death, i have done a search for S16 wiring and it gave me 5 results that wasnt what i really wanted. So... i though we could have a S16 wiring for dummies (me) thread for future searches. I have fitted the engine from a early 306 without the keypad with the engine loom still on, so i am left with 2 plugs. Below is a pic of the plugs that join the engine loom.

Picture219.jpg

I will refer to the one on the left as SMALL LOOM PLUG (10 PINS) and the one on the right as BIG LOOM PLUG(22 PINS). Below is a pic of something that hopefully someone will tell me what it is. I will refer to it for now as BLACKBOX lol.

Picture218.jpg

Right here goes... Here is a list of the wires from the 2 pugs on the 306 S16 loom.

SMALL PLUG LOOM (10 PINS)

Pink 821

Red 8053

Blue 822

Yellow 820

All the above wires run to main harness plug on the bulk head.

White 8078

White CC7

Brown 8071

Green 123

The above wires run to a dummy purple relay housing located under the black cover next to the ABS unit.

Yellow 808

Yellow 8081

The above wires run fro plug to the BLACKBOX.

BIG PLUG LOOM (22 PINS)

1x Earth

Yellow 7310

Yellow 435

Purple 220

Green 403

Blue 427

Blue 1070

Brown 0121

Red 1630

Red 415

Red 414

Red 410

White 109

White 412

White 480

White 401

White 426

White 108 Runs to Brown Relay

White CC3

White 120

Blue 123

The above run to fuses in the Live Block near battery.

Blue 400 Runs to BLACKBOX.

And finally the remaining wires from thr BLACKBOX

Red 8075

Blue 809

White 8091

The above run to a plug on the radiator.

1x Earth

Brown 8054

Purple K234

Blue 405

White 8076

Below is a pic of the loom laid out as descibed above.

Picture220.jpg

Phew.. Well thats the 306 loom, obviously i wont need half the wires above. Now for the 205 loom.

9 PIN BROWN PLUG

(Reverse light) Brown 52= Enter 306 wire number here.

(Reverse light) Purple 53=

(Coolant light) Yellow 47=

(Coolant meter) Red 47A=

(Altenator) Brown 7A=

(Oil pressure meter) Lilac 30=

(Oil temp meter) White 30A=

(Oil pressure light) Grey 30B=

( Switched live) Blue 2=

6 PIN BROWN PLUG

(Coolant fluid level) 47B=

(Fuel pump) 76=

(Coolant fluid level) M47B=

(RPM meter) 112=

(K-light) 74=

(starter motor) 46=

Right thats it now am i right in thinking if you enter the correct 306 wire number after the = thats it, a complete 205 to 306S16 wiring guide.

All we need now is the wiring gods to do there work.

Alastairh

Hello, good to see your getting stuck in.

That black box, refere that as your double inject relay :) (its like a modern day taccy relay).

When i started this conversion using a Zx, i started this thread here

Take your 205 loom with the 2 main brown plugs. Start locating the wires in a simple way buy looking on this thread, for easy reference.

To make the car run, you'll need Starter motor, easy thick blue wire. You'll need constant live (goes to the black little fuse box in a plug). Then you need fuel - from the double relay (pin 9) & connect that with wire #76 (also goes to the tachymetric relay). Then you need ignition live - 32a from your 205's loom (small yellow wire that goes to tachymetric relay) & that needs to go to the wire from pin 2 of the double injection relay. (Cheers Graham ;) )

Get the multimeter out, or buy a cheap £4.99p special, and testing from the pins and lightly prick the wires you'll be able to test which pin does which wire. If you find these wires it should run.

Next off from your 205 loom you need the sensor wires. If i was doing the conversion i would take the advice i was told and use the 205 sensor loom. And when you trial fit the loom in the 205 you can obviously trial and error wire lenths and different types of plugs.

Tip the ecu temp sensor isn't blue there black, hence the water sensor wires plug is blue. Also the rear yellow oil sensor is the oil level sensor, thats not needed.

Let us know how you get on.

Alastair

Edited by Alastairh

allanallen

This might be of a little help from when i did my conversion albeit from a 405. I cut off the two black round plugs (as in your first pic) and then connected the following wires to the two brown plugs under the steering coloumn.

205 1.6 gti 1990 405 2.0 mi16 1993

reverse light(wire 52,brown) to wire 220,yellow

reverse light(wire 53, purple) to wire ???, grey

coolant meter(wire 47a, red to wire 401, green

alternator(wire 7a thin brown to wire1070 brown

oil pressure meter(wire 30,lilac to wire 410, blue

oil tenp meter(wire 30a,white) to wire 411, red

oil pressure light(wire 30b,grey) to wire 412

switched positive(wire 2,light blue) to wire cc1, thick blue

fuel pump(wire 76) to wire 121,thick white

k-light(wire 74) to wire 470,yellow

starter motor(wire 46) to wire 100, blue

make sure you get a good earth to the ignition modules as this caused me a lot of mither.

cheers al

cossie350

Cheers Al and Al, Al H hi mate i had a glance at your thread earlier i see Graham's replies he seems a very clever guy. Hopefully he will cast his knowledgable eye over this thread soon ha.....

Miles

That box in the pic looks more like a fan control replay, the Fuel and ECU relays is normally brown in colour on all the 306's I;ve seen from 93 onwards,

Don't forget the Lambda sensor either

cossie350

Is there any where i can get a an S16 wiring diagram, ive been searching the net and found everything but.......

pug_ham

I'll have a look at those linked topics & see if I can get any of the numbers you need to join into the 205 loom for the fuel pump etc.

I agree with Miles, that doesn't look like the injection double relay, it looks to big. I have seen black ones on later Pugs though.

Helping Alistair was easy as I have the ZX Haynes manual & the diagrams are easy to follow with clear wire numbers. The 306 ones I've seen haven't been as clear, especially for the wire numbers. :)

I've got some scans of the 306 wiring I'll try to post later.

Graham.

cossie350

Thanks Graham, ive had a look at the wiring the injection relay is smaller and brown near the ignition modules, so the one in th pic must be for the fans.

pug_ham

diagram1nonturbouptoapref1.th.jpg

diagram11ignitionsystemih0.th.jpg

diagram13multipointinjetl5.th.jpg

These are for the 306 upto 1997 but it doesn't say if the S16 is covered.

Graham.,

allanallen

i agree, that black and orange box is not needed, cant remember what its for but i know ibinned it.

smighall

Isn't that black box part of the immobilizer setup? If it is you can just get the ECU unlocked and bin all the immobilizer stuff

Miles

The Alarm is in the rear qtr panel on the S16, and they all have Texon written on them, Deffo the fan control as I can see a 3rd round plug in the pic

cossie350

Thanks for everyones help and a big thanks to Rog who emailed me the S16 wiring diagrams. Going to get stuck into it over the holiday, will keep you posted.....................

maxi
To make the car run, you'll need Starter motor, easy thick blue wire. You'll need constant live (goes to the black little fuse box in a plug). Then you need fuel - from the double relay (pin 9) & connect that with wire #76 (also goes to the tachymetric relay). Then you need ignition live - 32a from your 205's loom (small yellow wire that goes to tachymetric relay) & that needs to go to the wire from pin 2 of the double injection relay. (Cheers Graham ;) )

Alastair

Just a word of warning, wired up a 2.0 mi this morning and the double relay DID NOT have a pin2. Turned out the switch live was pin 3, must go to show there are a large variation of looms.

Maxi

Sign in to follow this