• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
travill

Bored Of Stripping Fooked Beams!

travill

Doesn't anyone replace outer bearings as a matter of course!?!

And why is it that the first side you strip is always savable but the second isn't. It leads you on into thinking all is ok to waste a bit more of your time.

:D:D

nick

Is this the one you had off me??

Nick

luggy

Ive done 2 rear beams now and the nearside has been fine but its always the offside thats fecked.

nick

I take it that it was pretty bad then after all?

Nick

travill

Yeah one side had pitting that i could have sorted but the other was ovaled out both sides of non exhistant bearing.

nick

To be honest i'm shocked.

That was the only beam (other than the 309 one) that I have had on any of my 205's that had no camber whatsoever.

Nick

travill

Would have been cheaper to buy a brand new one at this rate!

welshpug

£280 inc bearings....

Anthony
Doesn't anyone replace outer bearings as a matter of course!?!

And why is it that the first side you strip is always savable but the second isn't. It leads you on into thinking all is ok to waste a bit more of your time.

You'd be mad not to replace atleast the outer bearings and seals on any unknown beam whilst it's in pieces frankly, and on both sides at that (so many beams I strip have clearly had one side done and not the other). Inner bearings I always do as a matter of course, but many people don't and usually don't have any issues.

95% of problems are on the drivers (offside) side in my experience, so remove that first of all.

Sign in to follow this