• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
smighall

Avo Or Billy Sprint Rears

smighall

I've just picked up a 309 beam from doughboy (cheers mate :lol:) which has brand spanking avo adjustable rears on it. I also have the billy sprintline rears that i bought a while ago. Question is which ones are better?

BTW i'm using billy sprintlines on the front.

This is a pure track car BTW.

Edited by smighall

chunkymonkey
I've just picked up a 309 beam from doughboy (cheers mate :lol:) which has brand spanking avo adjustable rears on it. I also have the billy sprintline rears that i bought a while ago. Question is which ones are better?

BTW i'm using billy sprintlines on the front.

This is a pure track car BTW.

i would go for the billies as the lkast avos i had the bushes went in about 2 months

taylorspug

The AVOs i had were complete toss and lasted about 4 months, so id say go for the Sprintlines, they are a good all round shock, and you really wont want anything too hard on the back for road use. :lol:

smighall
The AVOs i had were complete toss and lasted about 4 months, so id say go for the Sprintlines, they are a good all round shock, and you really wont want anything too hard on the back for road use. :lol:

The car probably won't be seeing the road (it isn't road legal at the moment and i'm not sure if i'm going to make it legal either). So would you still say the billys even though it will only ever see the track?

taylorspug

Aside from the crap build quality they may be a better bet for the track given their adjustability. Best idea is to give them a try once you have the car running. Give the Avos a good couple of sessions on a track day trying a few settings, then swap over to the Billies and compare, its only four bolts in the end. Its up to what you and your driving style prefer. Id probably run the Avos on full stiff if i was using the car for track only, as i like everything on the front end, but thats just me!

Bear in mind a set of crap adjustable shocks will be far worse than good quality single rate shocks, as anyone who has tried Group N Bilstein rears will testify! :lol:

welshpug

another vote for billies, Tarmac spec :lol: £200 notes though :P

Miles

Billes everyday for me too, Not sure where you get the £200.00 they are cheaper than that, The price on Special tuning etc is more than the RRP.

The Billies and rebound and bump, compared to the avo's Rebound unless you have some of the rarer ones which have both

GLPoomobile
I've just picked up a 309 beam from doughboy (cheers mate :lol:)

Sorry to rape your topic :P but what happened to my old 1.6 beam that I gave you? Was it any use in the end or scrap?

smighall
Sorry to rape your topic :P but what happened to my old 1.6 beam that I gave you? Was it any use in the end or scrap?

Er it's still in the garage, waiting to be stripped down when i can get the bloody offset washer and bolt out of the other side :lol:

It's been put on a back burner at the mo while i sort my other cars and bike out.

Sign in to follow this