• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
vern

Coil Pack And Thermostat Housing

vern

Yes I have done a search before the "use the search function" Police arrest me!!.

Does the thermostat housing bolt straight on to an 8v Xu (1.9 gti)?, and does it cover up the hole where the distibuter goes?, will all water pipies fit etc, also will the standard leads fit the coil pack.

vern

Answered my own questions with a differnet search.

Just to confirm the housing does cover up hole and replaces the complete housing. As for a coil pack the 106 one seems to fit straight on, and I would need the leads off a late 205 automatic?.

pug_ham

3822thermo_housings.jpg

Bolts straight onto the 8v head using the same mounting bolts.

You need the leads from any other XU engined coilpack equipped car, including a 306, 405, 605, BX, ZX etc but as you say the ones from a late coilpack equipped 205 Automatic are perfect & even have the same style of plug end boots on the leads.

Graham.

vern

To that end surely any coilpack off an xu engined car will do?.

pug_ham

Should do, I've got them from ZX, 405, 306 etc & the coilpacks are all listed under the same item on GSF & similar iirc.

Graham.

Anthony

ZX 1.9 Volcane ones are definately the same, and I believe (although I've not checked) that all 1.8 8v ones should be fine as well.

2.0 engines (P2 405's, 306's, ZX's, Xantia's etc) have different leads - they'll certainly fit fine, but they don't have the boot to seal the plug hole against water ingress thanks to the slightly different design of the XU10 sparkplug holes compared to an XU5/7/9 head)

vern

Thanks for replies guys.

But I am getting all confused now anthony are you talking coil packs or leads?.

What car should I ask for that has the leads and coilpacks that will fit the spark plugs and onto thermostat housing?.

pug_ham
ZX 1.9 Volcane ones are definately the same, and I believe (although I've not checked) that all 1.8 8v ones should be fine as well.

I've got a thermostat housing from a ZX volcane which had M3.1 fitted & that has a different thermotstat housing with only two sensor in the back, CTS & the twin pin switch coolant temp & temp warning light sensor.

I've had housings from later cars (405's) with the same layout for sensors as the 205 though.

I'm fairly sure Anthony means leads. 1994 205 automatic should be an exact fit for both ends.

Graham.

vern

Right got a housing now from H plate 405 Sri.

Going to order a coil pack and leads, is there anything else I need to make this lot work with Emerald?.

V8Pete

I'm intending to ditch my 8v distributor in the near future, will a diesel thermostat housing be suitable?

Edited by V8Pete

pug_ham
I'm intending to ditch my 8v distributor in the near future, will a diesel thermostat housing be suitable?

No , they are totally different.

Any of the cars listed previously in this topic will be fine though.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this