• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest purpletoddy

Rear Beam Solid Mount Kit

Guest purpletoddy

Hello all,

I have just reconditioned my 309 gti rear axle.....its going on a 205 gti. I got a solid mount kit via ebay and fitted the front mounts to the axle and went to fit the rears........

I have read the fitting guide and it states to lever the rear arm over to fit the alloy rear mount!!!.....I know that many people have done this with probably no problems but I am not too keen on it at all.

I know that there are new and improved fit kits avalible from a variety of supliers......is it just me or is that not the way they should have been done in the first place!!!!

I have just had a set of solid mounts made up by my local workshops with the correct offset using the original rubber mount and total cost £10.....

Just a thought next time your on ebay dont get sucked in by pressing your buttons on the keyboard and have a look about!!!! cheers

kyepan
Hello all,

I got a solid mount kit

I fitted these to mine a while back but not from ebay. I must admit i was a little worried leaning on things to get it to fit. not sure what the offset does in suspension terms, but the solid rear mounts meant the passive rear steer dissapeard. No more lift off oversteering. if yours were only a tenner, then you might make some money selling them here.

pug_ham

One of the forum discounters (forum member,stew205's company) BakerBM.com sells a kit with the rear mounts the same as the original rubber rear mounts like you got made up also.

sar2.jpg

Graham.

twowheelterror

i've never had a problem with fitting ones like this

300x208_kamracing_205_rearbeammounts.jpg

Rik

~Hmmm~

They look familiar lol!

Guest purpletoddy

If anyone wants some rear mounts with the correct offset made up im happy to get them done.....they are made out of steel though and use bolts instead of studs.....let me know and ill see what I can do.......

Sign in to follow this