• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kyepan

Track Width Differences - 1.6 1.9 309

pug_ham

Gaz, you could try Drivelink but I doubt they'll be cheap. :huh:

Graham.

Sandy
Hub spline? Looking on the parts cd it lists the same one for all XU engines (infact nearly all 309's). I've got some driveshafts from an XUD 309 & they fit my 1.9 GTi hubs perfectly. The main hub is also the same on most 309's. parts cd

Easy & like Miles says, better safe than sorry.

Graham.

Forgive me, shoot me, hang me, etc. The Hubs are the same Graham, it's the bar shafts that are different between GTi/TD and non GTi/TD XU's on the 309. I got mixed up and posted bollocks with conviction. :huh:

Guest purpletoddy

im in the middle of my 205 mi rebuild and also using 309 wishbones and 309 rear beam.........i had both driveshafts side by side 309 and 205 and couldnt see any difference???? i compressed them and fully extended them and they still looked the same length......i didnt get a measuring tape out though!!!

Anthony

309 GTi items are definately longer...

pug_ham

The difference is between the hub end & inner joint, the bit that runs behind the block is the same on all XU engined cars.

TBH though the difference isn't a mssive amount, 10-20mm imo.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this