• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ultimatepug

Mi16x4 Box Question...

ultimatepug

right...

in between the box and engine are 'lugs' to help position the bolts correctly and line it up...

the top bolts one on the right has 1 lug the one on the left doesnt have one.

where the starter motor sits on the left side, theres one lug on the block, and one on the box. should there be 2?

the gearbox is the be3 mi16x4 box, which im mounting onto a 2wd block. i just cannot get the spline to go in and sit correctly, and i reckon these may have something to do with it...

where am i going wrong? lol

regards

adam

Hilgie

Did you grind down the top left bolthole where normally the enginemount goes?

ultimatepug

no!?

adam

Hilgie

well you should or else it's never going to line up

it's the only outside difference between the x2 and x4 engines. when putting an x4 engine into a 205 you have to make a big washer between the block and the bottom enginemount.

Higgy

Here is a pic of my x4 block.

I have ringed where the lug used on the 2WD block has been removed.

post-6419-1165919870_thumb.jpg

Higgy.

ultimatepug

yes i know about that on the back of the block, its the actual box mounting points on the side of the block, not the back.

adam

Higgy

Here is the best pic I have currently of the clutch end of my x4 block:

post-6419-1166000229_thumb.jpg

Copy this pic from the forum & add a circle to where your having the problem.

Higgy.

jackherer

It sounds like you have a dowel in the block AND the gearbox. They just pull out if you squeeze them with molegrips etc.

Its nothing 4x4 specific, its just that the dowels sometimes stick in the block and sometimes in the gearbox and you have one in each!

ultimatepug

correct bud, the locater lugs, one top right and one bottom left were in, but there were still 2 sat in the block stopping it! me bad!

removed those, and it still wouldnt line up. had a look round to see if i could find anything else in the way, and i did. if you look at the flywheel face on, at about 1 o clock on the flywheel, to the right of the top right bolt, is a plastic clip, which is bolted to the block, i have no idea what its use is, i cannot find any use for it? ive removed it and its lined straight up! all i need to do is find out what this bit is! i cant upload a pic as my pc is away with the camera software on it, so unless some kind soul wants to upload the pic if i send it via mobile phone i shall have to wait a day or 2 to find out...

adam

Edited by ultimatepug

ultimatepug

picture!

completely plastic. is this just for use on the 2wd system?

adam

Higgy

I dont remember seeing that on my x4 engines?

Looks like its a clamp on the left hand side. Useful for feeding wires into to keep them out the way? my oil temp wire got ripped off a couple of weeks ago, and I thought there must be something to hold it away from the driveshaft.

(difficult to gauge size of bracket, you should have stuck a 2pence etc next to it :) )

Higgy.

ultimatepug

will measure it tomorrow. as you say could be needed with the 2wd block and not the 4bie.

adam

ultimatepug

box and starter on, need to sort the 205 now!

adam

Miles

It's the 8v TDC diag sensor holder in that pic, No need for this on any 16v engine, Strange it had it really unless someone's been playing

ultimatepug

hmm. ok chap cheers for letting me know what it was!

adam

ultimatepug
Here is a pic of my x4 block.

I have ringed where the lug used on the 2WD block has been removed.

post-6419-1165919870_thumb.jpg

Higgy.

going back to this, ive fitted the transfer box up tonight, bolted it to the gearbox, and it all sits nice and flush. ive also attatched the engine mount to it, again fits in ok. so im unsure about this lug i need to remove?

adam

Higgy
going back to this, ive fitted the transfer box up tonight, bolted it to the gearbox, and it all sits nice and flush. ive also attatched the engine mount to it, again fits in ok. so im unsure about this lug i need to remove?

adam

I would say that if its gone back together ok then there is nothing more to be done.

I think they removed the lug at the factory because the transfer box got slightly in the way. I did not really have a good look at how the transfer box fitted around the block, I just unbolted it and put it to one side.

Higgy.

Sign in to follow this