• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205freak

Brake Conversion On 1.6

205freak

Hi have done a search and didn´t find anything usefull.. what i wanna now, is can i upgrade to 406 brembo calipers, with 300mm discs using 1.6 hubs and what will i need to change to use 280mm disc in the rear at the car???

Any advise would be great.

Thanks

tagy

No I dont think 406 calipers will fit a 1.6 or any 205 for that matter? maybe someone else knows for sure?

Miles

Yes teh Brembo's will fit the hub but the offset is wrong, the easiest route is 1.9 Hub's using Xantia 3.0 Disc's as they are slight thicker than the 206 GTi 180's

jackherer
Yes teh Brembo's will fit the hub but the offset is wrong, the easiest route is 1.9 Hub's using Xantia 3.0 Disc's as they are slight thicker than the 206 GTi 180's

personally I wouldn't put Xantia 3.0 discs anywhere near my 205, they weigh an incredible amount :)

205freak

thanks for the quick answers....if i have the right brackets can i use the 406 calipers using 1.6 hubs??? what do you advise me, wich calipers??(only 4 pot calipers)

Hilgie

true, the Xant discs weigh 8kg each (!) but they fit the caliper better than the 307 discs which are slightly too thin and cause sqeeling.

Guest srack

im not sure you'll be able to fit the brembo inside 1600 hub, it just wont enter propertly. more than that, it will never fit the 14" rims, im almost 100% sure it wont fit the 15" as well. 16"min.

about the rear beam, do you have rear disc axle? or is it drum?

cheers.

205freak

i have rear disc axle and 15" whells in front. so if i can´t put 4 pot calipers in 1.6 hubs,can i use 306 calipers GTI-6 calipers without changing the hubs???

Hilgie

No...in fact there isn't much choice on brakes with the 1.6 hubs.

Sign in to follow this