• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie-Van-GTi

Help With A Gentry Please

Richie-Van-GTi

Just been working on a friends gentry, its a phase 1.5 with later management (jetronic?)

Anyway we cannot get it to fuel correctly, renewed the pump as it was a tad lazy and now it seems to either draastically over fuel or seriously under fuel. But working on itr has raised a few questions. Hopefully someone can answer all of the following

1) should the AFM be adjsutable? This one is and the code is 0280202097 which isnt the same as my 1.9 code.

2) is the lambda supposed to be a 3 wire job or 4? its got a 4 wire lambda connected to a 3 wire plug setup at the ECU loom end.

3) will an earlier motronic ECU fit the loom so we could just ditch the lamda and switch to a 1.9 AFM from a motronic?

please help as much as possible so we can get this otherwise mint car running right.

Gentrix
Just been working on a friends gentry, its a phase 1.5 with later management (jetronic?)

Anyway we cannot get it to fuel correctly, renewed the pump as it was a tad lazy and now it seems to either draastically over fuel or seriously under fuel. But working on itr has raised a few questions. Hopefully someone can answer all of the following

1) should the AFM be adjsutable? This one is and the code is 0280202097 which isnt the same as my 1.9 code.

2) is the lambda supposed to be a 3 wire job or 4? its got a 4 wire lambda connected to a 3 wire plug setup at the ECU loom end.

3) will an earlier motronic ECU fit the loom so we could just ditch the lamda and switch to a 1.9 AFM from a motronic?

please help as much as possible so we can get this otherwise mint car running right.

The lamda should be a 3 wire Lamda, but a 4 wire will do the job aswell, cause the 4th is only for ground.

A Motronic ECU will not fit

The AFM has a CO adjusting screw (allan key) but it won´t cause your troubles, if it´s out of adjust.

check for airleaks, and if you have major overfuel, when check the watertemp. sensor on the head behind the distributor. It sits a bit further down and has a blue (full of black crap) 2 wire plug. Check the plug and check the 2 wires which go in the plug, that they did not clip out of the plug itself. You have to remove the rubberthingy on the plug to see...

Richie-Van-GTi

thanks for the info ;)

found out its got the jetronic ecu with code 0280000345, can anyone confirm this to be the right 1.9 ecu and the code on the afm above is correct?

Gentrix

205 - Jetronic

ending with 359 = 128PS

ending with 345 = 102PS

ending with 333, 321, 340 = 1.6 105PS

205 - Motronic

ending with 162, 160 = 120PS

that´s for the ECU´s

and

motronic 120ps = ending with 202

jetronic 128ps = ending with 109

jetronic 102ps = ending with 097

jetronic 105ps = ending with 056

for the AFM´s

so everything seems fine for you

andi

Edited by Gentrix

Richie-Van-GTi

Sweet thanks for that, will get a new lambda ordered see if that cures it then ;)

Gentrix

it should run nearly normal, but a bit high on the mpg, otherwise fine with the lamda disconnected. the only trouble with a shot lamda I had, was a warmstart kangorooing.

I bet it´s the watertempsensor..

Richie-Van-GTi

if it only over fueled I would suspect the ecu temp sensor as well but it goes from one extreme to the other whch suggest lambda to me.Ive got a spare temp sensor knocking about somewhere anyway so can always give it a try if lambda doesnt cure it.

Henry Yorke

I have spare AFM and ECU for one of these XU9J1/AZ (DFZ) engines if you get really stuck.

Sign in to follow this