• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Tony_205

Diesel And Injection System On 1.9 Gti

Tony_205

Right, had some problems with my lads GTi this week, he's gone and put 20quid worth of diesel in it and drove it as he didnt realise :D we have flushed out the whole system and the car was 'bore washing' which happened as the diesel was just bypassing straight into oil.

Now, there is no physical amount of diesel in the engine, maybe a little bit of residue but nothing else, BUT i have had to change the oil everyday as the new petrol we have put in the tank is also going straight into the oil.

The car will not idle UNLESS the fuel feed line is taken off the injector rail. This has led me to believe that the injectors are nackered because it sounds like they are chcucking far too much petrol into the head, and most of it is going straight down the bores and into the oil....

Would putting diesel in the car damage the injectors at all??

Just wondered if anyone can shed some light on this as the injectors are the only thing i can think of being the problem at the minute! :(

welshpug

could be a damn awful coincidence but it might be the ecu coolant temperature sensor, or even the AFM.

firstly check the connections, then see what happens

to test the injectors remove one and fire it carefully into a glass jar (unplug th other injectors while you do this and work along the fuel rail)

Grim.Badger

I've heard that the injectors can become coated in diesel, though I'm not sure what that will do.

I'd be tempted to put in some thick oil, 20w50 for example, and give the car a good thrashing to try and clear everything out, but then my engine is knackered so maybe I'm not the best person to give advice :P

Sign in to follow this