• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davev

Coolant Sensor/fan Switch

davev

hi, as i plan to replace all my water gauges and fan switch for winter i went about getting prices from peugeot. and to stop all the hasle i got the part numbers from the online parts cd. so armed with pug prices :) i decided to try ecp(only place i can find who cross pug part numbers).

i ended up getting the fan switch and a sender from them as they couldnt get the other 0242 43(anyone know if this is the temp gauge or light?) what i got from pug. the only problem is im a bit unsure about the ecp parts as the sender as very small compared to the pug part. and from memory they look the same size on the car. and also the fan switch i went for 1264 17 but when it came the connection is different, my one is 3 in line the new part is set out like a plug socket. is this normal? i plan to just cut the connecter off and rewire. but just thinking i dont know what wire should go where. or do you think i should just go and get the fan sitch from pug and double my parts cost in one swoop?

cheers. dave.

pug_ham

The senders are differently sized, iirc the smaller one is the temp sender but I'll try to check tomorrow. Looking at the parts cd 0242 43 is the temp warning switch, the temp sender should be 1337 72 imo.

The fan switch you have from ECP is the earlier type for the pre 1990 cars when the fan switch was changed to a master plug so they couldn't be mixed up. I think from looking at the parts cd you need one of the folowing for the post 1990 issue;

1264 27 01 84/79-88/83 DEG SINCE 01/1990

1264 23 01 95/86 DEG SINCE 01/1990

1264 44 01 97,5/92,5-92,5/87,5 SINCE 01/1990

Graham.

davev

any idea what terminal is what. as ill just cut and rewire.

reckon it will be in the haynes manual?

cheers for the info.

dave.

pug_ham
any idea what terminal is what. as ill just cut and rewire.

reckon it will be in the haynes manual?

Sorry, I've no idea what terminal will be what but they will be a single positive in & then a wire out for the low speed & high speed fan.

With your current plug disconnected, take a single piece of wire & bridge from the centre terminal to either side to see which runs the fan at each speed. It is in the Haynes manual but not exactly clear which wire goes to which pin.

Trial & error with a pan of boiling water, 12v supply & bulb should be possible to work it out to see which contact opens first for the low speed fan but I'd get the proper switch instead to save the hassle.

Graham.

sonofsam
hi, as i plan to replace all my water gauges and fan switch for winter i went about getting prices from peugeot. and to stop all the hasle i got the part numbers from the online parts cd. so armed with pug prices B) i decided to try ecp(only place i can find who cross pug part numbers).

i ended up getting the fan switch and a sender from them as they couldnt get the other 0242 43(anyone know if this is the temp gauge or light?) what i got from pug. the only problem is im a bit unsure about the ecp parts as the sender as very small compared to the pug part. and from memory they look the same size on the car. and also the fan switch i went for 1264 17 but when it came the connection is different, my one is 3 in line the new part is set out like a plug socket. is this normal? i plan to just cut the connecter off and rewire. but just thinking i dont know what wire should go where. or do you think i should just go and get the fan sitch from pug and double my parts cost in one swoop?

cheers. dave.

I had this problem, was sent a fan switch from GSF, it came with the three pins in a triangle and I needed like you 3 pins in a row( phase 2 cars )

Did think about rewiring it, but to save all the hassle:) I went to Camberley auto factors and had a look through there book, so I could get a lower temp one with the correct plug fitment.IIRC remeber seeing two different plugs with 3 pins in a row, lucky I choose the right one:D

davev

the main reason i got this one was for the temp rating. the others seem quite high or silly low, so this is the best of both worlds. ill look in haynes and see what i can do.

dave.

Phil H

Easiest way to get a later rad fan sensor is ask for the 306 version with the blue connector.

£11 all in. (GSF)

Sign in to follow this