• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Craigb

Emerald Aux Outputs

Craigb

Has anyone tried using the auxiliary outputs on the Emerald ECU ?

The connections are there in the plug , but no info on how to configure them .

I have contacted Emerald , and am waiting a reply , but wondered if anyone on hear has any experience.

Since the shock of finding out how much my car weighed , i have been playing with the logger on the ecu , and its showing some interesting driving traits .

Such as my girly launches from a standing start , Not flooring the throttle until it gets moving etc .

I think subconsciously I am thinking about snapping another shaft.

Also 1 second gear changes ( from throttle full on to throttle full on )

Just need the VEMS to arrive now to get those all important lambda values in there , and i think i have something to keep me interested over the winter months :D

smckeown

i have no idea about emerald, but on KMS the aux outputs just provide the earthing. So i wired up a shift light fpr example. Wired a positive to the light then the earth from the ECU that comes on at the desired time. Pretty simple really. KMS has a test function too per AUX that is well handy.

That logger sounds good, KMS has a diagnostic facility but no logger

Ah ive just read the emerald website, says the AUX is switched earth just like KMS..have fun :D

Edited by smckeown

Craigb

I think that's how the Aux outputs work on the Emerald , switching to earth , I just can't see how to configure them . Hopefully Emerald will get back soon , they are usually very helpful.

I'm trying to suss out a change down light to go with the shift light . something as a prompt to keep the engine on the boil !!! At 3-4 am in the morning I need something to keep me sharp !

Did think about wiring the seat up to the HT lead , but then thought better of it :D

smckeown

i've heard people in the stock hatch championship wire up an oil pressure switch to come on when the oil pressure is at a medium level rather than high, which normally indicates you've dropped the revs. An alternative is to wire u pa secondary switch light to come on when under say 4k revs and go off abover 4k. I'm pretty sure you can do that in KMS

As for wiring, i've answered that in the above post, I edited it :)

huwjones

You could use a normally closed relay contact using the earth switch. The light will always be on until revs rise to the setpoint, where the relay activates and the light goes off. Connect 12v to the relay coil and ground it through the ECU. Make sure it's a small relay though, incase you damage the ECU!

Craigb

I've had a reply from emerald , apparently i have an older version of the firmware, that a upgrade will sort to allow the Aux output to configured :)

Edited by Craigb

Sign in to follow this